• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King - deal Williams or Stewart for 1st round pick

holycrikey

...deal the first-rounder, 22nd overall (from New England), to Carolina, without a first-rounder right now, for one of its backs. Interesting. If it's Jonathan Stewart, I'd do it. I'm a little worried about the injury bug biting DeAngelo Williams.

Click here for the rest of the story

Is it just me, or is that a bit insulting? A late 1st round pick for one of two of arguably the top 5 RB's in the NFL right now? I would hope the Panthers would never deal one of them for a pick that crappy, unless someone just incredible is left on the board at that point.

Nobody trades first round picks for players that play a position that has the shortest career lifespan anymore

But teams do pick running backs in the first round...and with a guy like Stewart who has a low amount of mileage and still a high amount of upside, a team would be crazy not to consider it if they had several other draft picks and running back was a big area of need.

OK, you know what JStew and DWill can do... let's just hypothetically say we did do what King is suggesting and got a first round pick... what do you get with that? An unknown commodity that may or may not be a good player who most certainly would be an inexperience and untested rookie... vs. a top-3 back in DWill or a top-10 back in JStew... King is a dumbass.

injury bug? deangelo has stayed injury-free for the vast majority of his career. if anything, j-stew is the one to be worried about.

Stewart doesn't miss games. Last time he missed a game was his freshman year at Oregon.

I would take a first round pick for either player, though I think Stewart has more upside to the Panthers (younger, hasn't missed a game yet, longer time left on his contract).

Remember, you are going to have to pay DeAngelo when his contract expires. Why not parlay that into another first round pick and get the services of another stud RB for a few years on the cheap?

Archived