• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You'll be waiting a long time, because he's left this place.

He never said anything definitive one way or the other, and basically took a wait-and-see approach. And, that's a rational approach. 

Hey @ForJimmy, I bet you'd never think that you'd see the day when I was defending Scot. 🤣

We made peace though. He outright said that he's not coming back, but I said that I'll await his reincarnation. 

19 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

One thing I have to admit, you've been beating the drum about Gettleman when most laughed at you.

Now your very correct caution against this coaching staff and especially Fitterer is bearing fruit to probably the worst Panthers season thus far. 

Despite his faults, Hurney has done more good than any other GM Carolina has had. You've been on the dot with your analysis, and even more so this year.

I tried to warn ppl about Reich, but I got told the colts are dumb and irsay is leading wrong, of course they fired Frank. Here we are and the colts are 3-2 and competitive. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said leading up to the draft that I was fine with Bryce, Stroud, or Richardson. I personally ranked them Richardson, Stroud, Bryce, but whatever. I had confidence in this staff to identify and develop the right one.

Well, fug 

Yup. 

I fell hard for the “elite staff” propaganda, and that made me get behind Bryce in the same “these guys know what they are doing” way. 

Big oof. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just got tired of the stupidity and the lack of legit moderation (along with some other things that I don't feel at liberty to divulge). 

If we're gonna air it out, here's what happened...

He got a simple warning for constantly reporting posts for doing the same thing he was doing. Basically just a simple message to chill. At the end of the day, he didn't want to encounter any differing opinion and wanted them censored while allowing himself free reign to berate.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He got a simple warning for constantly reporting posts for doing the same thing he was doing. Basically just a simple message to chill. At the end of the day, he didn't want to encounter any differing opinion and wanted them censored while allowing himself free reign to berate.

Hey, I can't argue with your perspective. One thing I will say is that he got away with some things in my opinion and should've been reined in somewhat a long time ago, but he made his peace with me.

Also, he'd likely have a different perspective than yours.

It is what it is though. This place will be less interesting without him.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Accurate. And this wasn't the first time that had happened. I had dinged him for it a couple times myself over the years. (And dinged is an appropriate verbiage as a warning isn't a threat to ban unless it's said in the warning. A warning is typically just a suggestion to reign it in before it gets out of hand and things get ugly).

But he also has a bunch of other stuff going on outside of here and just didn't want to deal with the negative poo in here (but when your team sucks, there's going to be a lot of negativity).

Anyways, he still checks in. Wouldn't surprise me if he read this.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Accurate. And this wasn't the first time that had happened. I had dinged him for it a couple times myself over the years. (And dinged is an appropriate verbiage as a warning isn't a threat to ban unless it's said in the warning. A warning is typically just a suggestion to reign it in before it gets out of hand and things get ugly).

But he also has a bunch of other stuff going on outside of here and just didn't want to deal with the negative poo in here (but when your team sucks, there's going to be a lot of negativity).

Anyways, he still checks in. Wouldn't surprise me if he read this.

I have no issue with the guy personally and appreciate his contributions. I just get annoyed when I see him reporting posts after post and it's like... damn, dude. Do you really not realize that this is the the same stuff you do to other posters? I mean, if you're gonna dish it out be willing to take it.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You'll be waiting a long time, because he's left this place.

He never said anything definitive one way or the other, and basically took a wait-and-see approach. And, that's a rational approach. 

No, he definitely attacked and belittled posters for not liking the Reich hire

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no issue with the guy personally and appreciate his contributions. I just get annoyed when I see him reporting posts after post and it's like... damn, dude. Do you really not realize that this is the the same stuff you do to other posters? I mean, if you're gonna dish it out be willing to take it.

Same here, in fact my pm box is full (literally lol) of discussions we've had over the years. Really good guy, one of the best contributors in here....the guy is a legend...but he'd fall into this thing where someone would insult him or try to get into some pissing match and he'd report it, but then retaliate which would make him just as guilty as the guy who started it.

I had to remind him, as I've done many others over the years, that if someone is attacking you in here, report it and just walk away. Whatever you do, don't retaliate because then whatever warning it banning the other one got, you were likely going to get it too. Or by getting into it you pretty much make it impossible to ding the instigator and not you too. So I'd just let it go.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

About this team and I don't care.

I was wrong and _______________ was right (go ahead and quote this and put your name in the blank).

I won't ever apologize for taking advantage of a rare moment to be optimistic about this team. I'm glad I had that moment. At least I had that because the past 8 years has been pretty miserable. You take what you can get, or at least I do.

But I just don't care anymore. I've gone back to being apathetic like I was with Rhule.

Like I said, I won't apologize for taking advantage of a rare moment to feel optimistic...but I also won't apologize for finding something else to do with my family on Sundays than watch the poo show this team is.

If they can pull it together I might get interested again, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh, and I don't care if I get poo from anyone either for being stupid or a bad fan. I probably deserve it, but again, I don't care.

I spent an unforgettable day with my youngest son.  

• Pie 1