• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let it really sink in...

Proudiddy

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that this staff is all of a sudden incompetent.  I'm not buying that ALL OF THEM has suddenly forgotten how to coach.  Something isn't right and it's more than limited talent and bad coaching.  

It's a bad situation. Whatever the Teppers were looking for was the foundation of how it went bad. Bryce at #1, Fritterer (was always bad IMO) vision of the roster, letting Frank stay the playcaller and whatever else they were trying to do sank this ship at conception. We just don't know the real details.

It's also the same kind of out of control mess as when Rhule was here so they are obviously running that kind of show. The circus thing fits and the Teppers are absolutely the ringleaders and setting the pace.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I think it starts with Tepper, he wants “yes” men that will follow his lead.

I cannot put my finger in it just yet.  There's just so much FUBAR it's just so confusing to be able to make a decision on what to say.  It's honestly the only reason I'm watching at this point.  I'm baffled as to why it is so bad.

• Beer 1

I am not having a hard time at all. It's all just more of the same awful at this point.

I think the only differences are in fans heads. I never saw it as anything different and others had hope. I'm truely am sorry for what they did to those fans but we are all coming back to the same crap as the last 4 years minus last year's too short vacation of dreams.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

man the nfl this year, as a whole, has been downright boring. same four teams. chiefs getting gifted everything, now we have to deal with taytay casuals. The Lions are that team to get behind, but they're just not that exciting to watch. The Chiefs will finish 17-1 and win out. It sucks.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It's a bad situation. Whatever the Teppers were looking for was the foundation of how it went bad. Bryce at #1, Fritterer (was always bad IMO) vision of the roster, letting Frank stay the playcaller and whatever else they were trying to do sank this ship at conception. We just don't know the real details.

It's also the same kind of out of control mess as when Rhule was here so they are obviously running that kind of show. The circus thing fits and the Teppers are absolutely the ringleaders and setting the pace.

They are definitely not helping matters. 

But they are only part of the problem. The roots run deeper and talent issues fall on the GM and his staff.

The system falls on the coaches (who were hired by ?). The all star staff is looking to be part of the problem. Who chose who and who hired who is what I would like to know. I remember Frank admitting there had been some heated discussions among the coaches after the second loss. Something to monitor I suppose. 

Anyway, its a mess.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

But they are only part of the problem. The roots run deeper and talent issues fall on the GM and his staff.

The system falls on the coaches (who were hired by ?). The all star staff is looking to be part of the problem. Who chose who and who hired who is what I would like to know. I remember Frank admitting there had been some heated discussions among the coaches after the second loss. Something to monitor I suppose. 

Anyway, its a mess.

These are all Tepper's people. Ever since he decided to start putting his stamp on the football side of the house after focusing on the business side in year one we've been on a freefall to the bottom.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that this staff is all of a sudden incompetent.  I'm not buying that ALL OF THEM has suddenly forgotten how to coach.  Something isn't right and it's more than limited talent and bad coaching.  

Could be the "too many cooks" situation that The Athletic posed before the season started.

Brown and Reich may just not be a good duo together.  Shawn Jefferson may not be as good of a coach as he was a player.

Thing is, Brown is so hyped up in league circles (per reports around his hiring), that you should likely lean in his direction rather than a guy retiring in 2-4 years.  I see them on the sidelines and it just doesn't seem like they're really working out together.  It's like they're trying their best to accomodate one another but clearly want to do 2 different things.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

Could be the "too many cooks" situation that The Athletic posed before the season started.

Brown and Reich may just not be a good duo together.  Shawn Jefferson may not be as good of a coach as he was a player.

Thing is, Brown is so hyped up in league circles (per reports around his hiring), that you should likely lean in his direction rather than a guy retiring in 2-4 years.  I see them on the sidelines and it just doesn't seem like they're really working out together.  It's like they're trying their best to accomodate one another but clearly want to do 2 different things.

It would be one thing if they were ‘good cooks’….

6 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

What will really cook your noodle, is if Fields works out and they have the #1 from us..... they can trade it for 3 firsts easily. If fields doesn't work out, they can get either Williams or Maye plus MHJ. 😒

I’ve thought about that. If Fields improves enough, they can trade the Williams pick for 3 1sts and a 2nd (ours was 2 1sts, DJ and two 2nds). The trade of Young will have netted them 3 extra 1sts (they started with 1 and used it), 3 extra 2nds and DJ Moore. If they draft well, they could completely change their team with 4 or more plus starters including a couple elite guys to go with Moore and maybe Harrison Jr.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Anyway, its a mess.

I see them as the root. I have seen ownership sink a business and ruin anything good. It's the only thing consistent throughout and that makes sense. Sadly I can't belive it has anything to do with luck at this point.

The way people perform for them is the most concerning part. It's like they get everyones worst. Like an evil version of management with the goatee and all lol. I think the toxic crap that made him a billionaire is the biggist poop in the mix. It doesn't work in football and he has not leanred anything else yet. Thus my only hope is in a consultant that will call his BS and show him something else.

Frank has been on a downward spiral the last 3 years. Looks like he is reaching for his rock bottom and he got a lot of passes for crap he shouldn't have in that time.

It really is a mess. After Rhule this is so not typical so the usual plan is already out the window.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1