• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barnwell: Panthers have the slowest WR routes in the NFL

Dorian Gray

The entire offensive scheme is a failure. Frank's time has past and he really hasn't done much the last 3 years except decline in quality.

It can all be adjusted but he also does not belive in any of that. It's just incredibly difficult to say something poaitive about him or his product on game day.

I'm not 100% how this stat was measured, but how are these athletes running slow routes??? I understand if they are running incorrect routes or routes that are not crisp (i.e., not coming back to the ball on curls, rounding their routes on in/out routes). But if you are telling me the speedster we signed in the offseason (Chark) is 78th in terms of speed per route, something is very wrong.

I also wonder if the fact we rarely have a receiver run a fly route is factoring in to that stat. It's a lot easier to hit top speed running a fly than it is running a curl or out route.