• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason games

Jackie Lee

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Mark is such an exciting player to have. He reminds me of Robert Williams defensively with even more offensive potential and hopefully a healthier player than Rob.

His presence inside is huge. The Heat announcers were even talking about how it opens up the other guys to take more risks on defense knowing that he can clean up behind them. 

• Pie 1

FWIW I was also somewhat happy with Miller with the caveat that he’s not a perfect player and will not explode on the scene right away. But I see the tools that show he can be a very strong core piece. I really liked seeing him make good, quick decisions a lot of times. On 3 specific occasions I remember, he drove, drew an extra defender and immediately made the pass out to the uncovered man. 2 times Thor made the 3 and the third time was a missed 3 by Sumner. 

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

FWIW I was also somewhat happy with Miller with the caveat that he’s not a perfect player and will not explode on the scene right away. But I see the tools that show he can be a very strong core piece. I really liked seeing him make good, quick decisions a lot of times. On 3 specific occasions I remember, he drove, drew an extra defender and immediately made the pass out to the uncovered man. 2 times Thor made the 3 and the third time was a missed 3 by Sumner. 

We'll see what his dedication to the game and work ethic looks like but he reminds me a lot of Tatum in Boston, Tatum was fine his rookie year and year 2 but nothing crazy special, he really worked on his game and exploded later on though. Miller could be similar if he can get there but I agree he's not going to step in year 1 as a starter and average 15-20+ points. He really does have all the tools in the world to be an elite small forward so that is exciting. I was a Scoot guy pre-draft but Miller has such huge potential and if he hits it would be a perfect fit with LaMelo and Mark as core pieces so it's hard to complain with where we're at. 

Just wish we had a better coaching staff since Clifford really ain't it. The roster is very exciting but the right coach is needed to get the most out of the young guys and develop them.

• Beer 2