• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colin Cowherd Ranks The Panthers 22nd in Least Attractive Team to Coach

Jbro

I like Colin and he is usually right on target with most things (unless you are an absolute homer for your team) but I think he missed the mark on that one. Carolina would be an great place to coach if you ask me.

1. - Great Ownership

2. - Absolutely no media pressure

3. - Very forgiving fanbase

4. - Good weather

5. - Great place to raise family (for younger coaches)

6. - Good defense/run game in place

etc...

Other than Steve Smith, who are the aging star players?

This being a college basketball / NASCAR state is not a bad thing.It takes a lot of the pressure to win off the coach if you ask me. The fans still show up on Sundays (unlike places like Jacksonville).

High profile it is not but I could easily think of 15-20 worse places to coach.

Cowherd's a very mixed bag. Sometimes he's right. Other times he spouts stuff that's so wildly off the mark it borders on ridiculous.

He's often championed that even people in cities with crappy teams would be happier if the NFL ditched parity and went back to having a limited number of "dynasty teams' ruling the roost. That's one of the absolute stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

If I weren't a fan, I'd say there were 18 teams that would draw more interest as a coach than being here. So, 19th least attractive.

That said, while Colin may be a great personality, it's no shock he's a West Coast homer. I bet he knows very little about the team.

Just curious but what makes him a West Coast homer?

Cowherd's a very mixed bag. Sometimes he's right. Other times he spouts stuff that's so wildly off the mark it borders on ridiculous.

He's often championed that even people in cities with crappy teams would be happier if the NFL ditched parity and went back to having a limited number of "dynasty teams' ruling the roost. That's one of the absolute stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

Yeah I can agree with that, the longer he is on the air and the more popular he gets, the more he tends to reach on some topics. I don't listen nearly as much as I used to. I actually enjoy the Scott Van Pelt show more now.

As mentioned, Colin is a very good on air personality and his job his to get ratings and that he is good at (on radio at least). The resources at his disposal are incredible so the information he gives is usually pretty insightful, his opinions.....well that is personal preference I suppose.

can't really disagree with that ranking. the NFL is a passing league now, and as good as Matt Moore was in the final weeks, the QB situation in Carolina is still unsettled. All the pieces are in place though.. elite run game/o-line, stellar defense. Just need to see if Moore is the future, and get him another WR to throw to =P

I really don't see us any different from the Jets right now. Where are they ranked?

can't really disagree with that ranking. the NFL is a passing league now, and as good as Matt Moore was in the final weeks, the QB situation in Carolina is still unsettled. All the pieces are in place though.. elite run game/o-line, stellar defense. Just need to see if Moore is the future, and get him another WR to throw to =P

I really don't see us any different from the Jets right now. Where are they ranked?

I think there are a lot of other factors that went into that opinion besides state of the team.

I personally would rank Carolina much higher as a place to coach than NY/NJ for the following reasons.

Cost of living

Brutal Media

Relentless fanbase

Crappy Weather

Traffic

Smog

Many strip clubs aren't topless.....

I think there are a lot of other factors that went into that opinion besides state of the team.

I personally would rank Carolina much higher as a place to coach than NY/NJ for the following reasons.

Cost of living

Brutal Media

Relentless fanbase

Crappy Weather

Traffic

Smog

Many strip clubs aren't topless.....

Thanks for telling Zod and I that before we spent $100 on a taxi to go from Manhattan to NJ thinking they were all nude not fully clothed.

Archived