• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Josina Anderson "Panthers have had discussions about acquiring very notable WR"

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

This team stinks as is. No one single player is changing our outcome. Just wait and go all in for Tee Higgins in FA. 

We need to figure out what we have here, not scramble to shine a turd. 

No moves that aren't unloading players for sufficient draft capital until the offseason.

For that matter, hopefully with a new GM.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

This team stinks as is. No one single player is changing our outcome. Just wait and go all in for Tee Higgins in FA. 

Higgins is fine, but I don't see him as changing much. He's a 50-50 ball master, but he's not an elite route runner. I'm hoping that Mingo could develop into the beast of a 50-50 catch guy. I would like an elite route runner.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take Higgins, but not at the exorbitant price that he may command.

Just now, top dawg said:

Higgins is fine, but I don't see him as changing much. He's a 50-50 ball master, but he's not an elite route runner. I'm hoping that Mingo could develop into the beast of a 50-50 catch guy. I would like an elite route runner.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take Higgins, but not at the exorbitant price that he may command.

We have no business paying any free agent an exorbitant price. We need to actually start building a good roster first.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well he's the best on the FA market and we will have to overpay for him to come. I get we don't need to overpay, but at the same time we have no other choice. Our WR core is simply not that great. Higgins would help a lot even if we have to overpay.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We have no business paying any free agent an exorbitant price. We need to actually start building a good roster first.

I totally agree, but...what I will say is that it's all about value. If we could get a good to great value, then you think about pulling the trigger. But that's not likely to happen at all, and Higgins isn't the player I'd think of that will be a huge difference maker in the long term. 

I'd much rather keep our assets, and possibly draft a receiver.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Well he's the best on the FA market and we will have to overpay for him to come. I get we don't need to overpay, but at the same time we have no other choice. Our WR core is simply not that great. Higgins would help a lot even if we have to overpay.

We can get a good talent evaluator and actually start drafting guys that aren't busts at WR. That's the route we should be taking. Not spending a ton of money on a guy that isn't going to come in and help us win enough games to justify his price.

Just now, top dawg said:

I simply have lost faith in Fitt's deal evaluation. And if Tepper is driving this, it's just a continuation of foolishness due to his impatience. We're always trying to rob Peter to pay Paul instead of having some fiscal responsibility as it pertains to draft capital.

Am I crazy? Didn't Tepper fuging say in the decision to fire Rhule that the constant trading of draft resources was a factor in that? 

Yet here we sit doing the same fuging thing again and again.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We can get a good talent evaluator and actually start drafting guys that aren't busts at WR. That's the route we should be taking. Not spending a ton of money on a guy that isn't going to come in and help us win enough games to justify his price.

Problem with that is Tepper has no idea who to hire.

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

If we trade anything we are dumbasses

You can’t wade half way into the water and then get cold feet. They need to build a long term offense. Half measures and timidity after you’ve been aggressive would be disastrous. They need to be investigating.