• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

7 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Why are we not at a minimum trying to trade TMJ to the Bengals for like a 4th or 5th.

They seem like the perfect place for him with Burrow/Chase to team back up with and knowing they'll lose Higgins after the season, they'd have him under contact for next year to see if they can do anything with him

These other teams watch the games too. Would you wanna trade a 4th or 5th for TMJ?

• Pie 2

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

Why the fug would the Bengals trade a high day 3 pick for TMJ? Lmao when guys like Mecole Hardman and Donovan Peoples-Jones who have shown way more in the league are garnering 6th for 7th pick swaps or 6th/7th round picks 2 years out? The best we could hope for is something similar to the Robby Anderson deal last year.

Yea, a minute after posting I realized 4/5 was a dumb ask, but I still contend that we should be trading him to them and they should want him given the Higgins situation and LSU connection between TMJ and their guys.

So maybe it's the 6/7 swap along with it, but we really should have been trying to trade him there and get SOMETHING for him instead of just cutting him at some point

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

These other teams watch the games too. Would you wanna trade a 4th or 5th for TMJ?

The part that always gets forgotten in the "why didn't we trade that guy" question is that somebody else has to be willing to trade for them.

It's borderline miraculous that we got compensation for guys like Greg Little and Robbie whatever his name is now, but you can't count on stuff like that happening all the time.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Yea, a minute after posting I realized 4/5 was a dumb ask, but I still contend that we should be trading him to them and they should want him given the Higgins situation and LSU connection between TMJ and their guys.

So maybe it's the 6/7 swap along with it, but we really should have been trying to trade him there and get SOMETHING for him instead of just cutting him at some point

Yeah, that's more like it.

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Why are we not at a minimum trying to trade TMJ to the Bengals for like a 4th or 5th.

They seem like the perfect place for him with Burrow/Chase to team back up with and knowing they'll lose Higgins after the season, they'd have him under contact for next year to see if they can do anything with him

Because you are the only one who believes he has that sort of value to any NFL team. 

edit: didn’t see other post til it was to late. 

Edited by Toomers

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The part that always gets forgotten in the "why didn't we trade that guy" question is that somebody else has to be willing to trade for them.

It's borderline miraculous that we got compensation for guys like Greg Little and Robbie whatever his name is now, but you can't count on stuff like that happening all the time.

As Panthers fans we just want to get rid of him at this point given where we drafted him and the expectations we had.

But there is no denying that he still has potential and is good enough to be on someone's roster to see if a change in scenery can tap into the potential.

Pairing him back up with his LSU teammates in Cinci to me just seems like the best chance in doing so, and add in that he has another year on his deal and they lose Higgins, just seems like a fit to me.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Because you are the only one who believes he has that sort of value to any NFL team. 

Claypool was able to be traded for a pick and he's looked worse these last 2 years than TMJ has ever looked, on top of having a horrible attitude.

If we were to cut him, he'd get signed immediately, someone out there would do the 6/7 swap for him

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Claypool was able to be traded for a pick and he's looked worse these last 2 years than TMJ has ever looked, on top of having a horrible attitude.

If we were to cut him, he'd get signed immediately, someone out there would do the 6/7 swap for him

I was speaking of the 4-5th price you originally stated. Which is why I added the edit. And Claypool had more production his rookie year than TMJ has his whole career.