• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1

Jackie Lee

42 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It feels like we have never beaten the Heat.  I’m sure it’s happened but feels that way

The Heat were a shot away from the NBA Finals in 2022 and made the NBA Finals in 2023.

Let's keep some perspective.  That franchise is elite.

(That said, I really like this young Hornets roster; if we can do something with our two huge expiring contracts things could look great for the future)

Also, hate him or like him but Bridges has become NEXT LEVEL on the basketball court.  With Bridges, LaMelo, Miller, PJ, and Mark...this is a team to look out for, IMO.  

17 hours ago, toldozer said:

It seems to me we have a lot more talent then done teams that are well above 500. We're seriously underachieving even with Ball out. 

That seems to be the issue here, no matter what talent we have, we always find ways to lose more than we win. Time for Clifford to go, he just cannot get wins out of this team consistently. 

16 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

That seems to be the issue here, no matter what talent we have, we always find ways to lose more than we win. Time for Clifford to go, he just cannot get wins out of this team consistently. 

We have two guys averaging over 20 pts a game, Lamelo was close to 30.

Then we have a center that can go 15 and 15

A rookie that can easily get 18 a night 

Then Hayward and Washington are capable of scoring 20 points on any given night. Once this team gets fully healthy there is no excuse not to be over 500

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, toldozer said:

We have two guys averaging over 20 pts a game, Lamelo was close to 30.

Then we have a center that can go 15 and 15

A rookie that can easily get 18 a night 

Then Hayward and Washington are capable of scoring 20 points on any given night. Once this team gets fully healthy there is no excuse not to be over 500

The "excuses" will come, this team has shown me NOTHING that tells me they will do anything.  Did you see the complete blow out last night?  Yea, WORST LOSS in FRANCHISE HISTORY.   The 76ers are not some historically great team.  This franchise will continue to sink until the owners get rid of Clifford.  I am out on him.

37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Clifford is just like Frank. Old and the game has past his old coaching ways.

Even in the huddle the players look disinterested in what he is preaching.

I would love to see what this team could do in Mike Dantoni fast pace system. We need to play faster with the athletes we have on this roster.

Agree. I used to be a traditionalist. I wanted hard nosed, ball control, defensive teams. I changed though and have been waiting for years for my teams to get with the 21st Century. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Clifford is just like Frank. Old and the game has past his old coaching ways.

Even in the huddle the players look disinterested in what he is preaching.

I would love to see what this team could do in Mike Dantoni fast pace system. We need to play faster with the athletes we have on this roster.

So an old man replaced by an older man

Hornets vs Clippers at 10:30 tonight.

Kawhi is thankfully not playing.  But we will be playing once again without Melo.

Mark is listed as questionable so maybe there’s a chance?

And what’s really crappy is Miller is also listed as questionable.  Hopefully both will play and we can steal an away game.  They’re on a 2-game slide.

Oh and I forgot the best part…it’s on NBA TV so I can actually watch a Hornets game here in the DMV!  Let’s Go! 

The Charlotte Hornets have six players listed on their injury report: LaMelo Ball, Amari Bailey, Leaky Black, Brandon Miller, Frank Ntilikina, and Mark Williams. LaMelo Ball is out due to a right ankle sprain, Amari Bailey is out due to a G League two-way, Leaky Black is out due to a G League two-way, Brandon Miller is questionable with a right ankle sprain, Frank Ntilikina is out with a left tibia non-displaced fracture, and Mark Williams is doubtful with a lower back contusion.

Edited by HardcoreHokie

24 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Hornets vs Clippers at 10:30 tonight.

Kawhi is thankfully not playing.  But we will be playing once again without Melo.

Mark is listed as questionable so maybe there’s a chance?

And what’s really crappy is Miller is also listed as questionable.  Hopefully both will play and we can steal an away game.  They’re on a 2-game slide.

Oh and I forgot the best part…it’s on NBA TV so I can actually watch a Hornets game here in the DMV!  Let’s Go! 

The Charlotte Hornets have six players listed on their injury report: LaMelo Ball, Amari Bailey, Leaky Black, Brandon Miller, Frank Ntilikina, and Mark Williams. LaMelo Ball is out due to a right ankle sprain, Amari Bailey is out due to a G League two-way, Leaky Black is out due to a G League two-way, Brandon Miller is questionable with a right ankle sprain, Frank Ntilikina is out with a left tibia non-displaced fracture, and Mark Williams is doubtful with a lower back contusion.

Brandon Miller and Mark are both out.

Looks like we’re rolling with Miles, Terry, Gordon, Richards, McGowan, Cody Martin, and PJ.

Playing pretty well with 6mins left in the 1st quarter