• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

35 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

They'll probably let it keep happening until someone gets severely hurt and sues the school. Then the NCAA and schools will put a stop to it.

I felt for years that it was only a matter of time.  And with all the crazy people out there today, I think its only a matter of time before some psycho fan attacks a player on the court.  They have to start giving time for the other team to exit the court, which is difficult in a game that was so close.  

That being said, Go Deacs.  🙂

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I felt for years that it was only a matter of time.  And with all the crazy people out there today, I think its only a matter of time before some psycho fan attacks a player on the court.  They have to start giving time for the other team to exit the court, which is difficult in a game that was so close.  

That being said, Go Deacs.  🙂

You can see on some of the replays, some guy hitting the Duke player on the back, so yeah. There was a game a few weeks ago where they knew the fans would storm the court and the visiting coach pulled his starters and had them along with most of the bench near the exit. But that doesn't happen in the ACC.

I figured you'd be really happy with the win. Your school hasn't been good in the last 5+ years.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

You can see on some of the replays, some guy hitting the Duke player on the back, so yeah. There was a game a few weeks ago where they knew the fans would storm the court and the visiting coach pulled his starters and had them along with most of the bench near the exit. But that doesn't happen in the ACC.

I figured you'd be really happy with the win. Your school hasn't been good in the last 5+ years.

They have been decent the last two years, hopefully this year they get over the hump and make the tournament.

This one shows the Duke player shoving a Wake fan who was running by, probably talking trash.  Which is why they need to delay court storming.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They have been decent the last two years, hopefully this year they get over the hump and make the tournament.

The guys on ESPN were saying they thought Wake had a good chance, especially with two quad one wins under their belts this season.

Fwiw, I am a Wake fan.

I don't think that any of it was intentional.  I do think that KF saw the Wake fan running towards the way KF was headed, and put out his arm to shield himself.  Of course, the Wake fan was probably talking trash, so maybe there was a little hostility in the move that KF made.  But certainly, no attempt at injury by either side.  

That being said, court storming should be controlled better at a minimum.  Most coaches think it's a bad idea.  And with all the armed pyschos around today, how long before someone gets seriously injured?  Not just a knee or ankle, but actually a more serious life-threatening injury.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Carolina didn't play well today but a win is a win and it's hard to play well against UVA. It's usually gonna be an ugly, grinding affair. That's just what it is when you're playing against what UVA usually is which is a very good defensive team that struggles to score and tries to slow the game down. It is what it is.

LOL @ a duke player get getting injured trying to shove an opposing fan and then duke playing the victim. That's fuging classic.