• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, not going down that road again 😄

There's actually a lot of good discussion being had here. Not gonna derail it responding to that kind of silliness.

I think that GIF should just be the default response to him when he starts going down his deep conspiracy road.  He should make it his avatar.  

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah see this is where it starts sounding crazy.  All of this for something your average fan doesn't really care about.  Coaches exaggerating how good his players are/his coaching it makes sense and happens all the time.  Hell they SHOULD do this to a degree to give their team confidence.  What you are talking ab out looks like this...

the ONLY reason it was brought up....is because for some reason people wanted to deny the Frank Reich O we have been running last week for the first time.  When I hear someone deny the Frank Reich O is our offensive core....all I hear is flat earth. 

I mean, all I am doing is disagreeing with the way one sentence is worded in reality. 

Thomas Brown built the Carolina Panthers playbook from the ground up.   He didn't.  It's worded that way to make him sound good.  You can reword that same sentence and it sounds a lot different.  That's all I did.    And it acknowledges what we are.  Frank Reich gave Brown his playbook.  Because Frank was going to be running his O and told him to add his own stuff to it.  That's the meshing of the two ideas.    

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

the ONLY reason it was brought up....is because for some reason people wanted to deny the Frank Reich O we have been running last week for the first time.  When I hear someone deny the Frank Reich O is our offensive core....all I hear is flat earth. 

I mean, all I am doing is disagree with one sentence in reality. 

Thomas Brown built the Carolina Panthers playbook from the ground up.   He didn't.  It's worded that way to make him sound good.  You can reword that same sentence and it sounds a lot different.  That's all I did.    And it acknowledges what we are.  Frank Reich gave Brown his playbook.  Because Frank was going to be running his O and told him to add his own stuff to it.  That's the meshing of the two ideas.    

at this point believing anything from this franchise is a fools errand

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

What if I told you are zone OL blocking scheme is very similar to the one McVay runs in LAR where Brown learned?  People were excited about Corbet coming back because he is familiar with it from his time there.

I mean that's old news, and that's probably why he made the list to be hired....because that's what Frank was going to be doing here.   In the O Thomas Brown wasn't going to be calling for some time. 

I wish they would have let Thomas Brown build the O from the ground up.  And call it from day 1 of the preseason.  You seem to think I am bashing Brown.  I am not.   I like Brown.  I don't like Frank's old crap.  Again, go read up on the end of Frank's time in SD and Indy.   This is Frank 101. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well we decided to do was basically start over.

As far as the trades and such, we likely don't get to the number one spot without them.

Throw in that fair or not, Wilks appears to be in danger of getting fired from his DC job.

Had we traded Burns, we easily could have kept CMC and Moore and gotten a trade up for Stroud, darn it, Young. The two Rams’ 1sts and pick 36 were enough to go from 9 to 1 with nothing else.

If you look at past trades like the Rams trading up from 15 (way worse than 9), we gave up too much value.

Rams gave up pick 15, two 2nds and one 3rd in the same draft and the next year’s 1st and 3rd.

We gave up pick 9, one 2nd in the same draft, next year’s 1st, 2025 2nd and DJ Moore. We were offered pick 15 (same value as basically first two picks of the 2nd round) from GB for Moore last year, but based on the Rams trade we gave him up for a 2nd and a 3rd. The other issue besides getting crappy value for Moore is that the Rams went from 15 to 1 when we went from 9 to 1 and the difference there is a late 2nd as well.

You also know that Chicago desperately wanted out of the top pick because they didn’t want a QB. We did them a favor and still gave them more (two 2nds) than we should have and took the riskiest QB.

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Had we traded Burns, we easily could have kept CMC and Moore and gotten a trade up for Stroud, darn it, Young. The two Rams’ 1sts and pick 36 were enough to go from 9 to 1 with nothing else.

If you look at past trades like the Rams trading up from 15 (way worse than 9), we gave up too much value.

Rams gave up pick 15, two 2nds and one 3rd in the same draft and the next year’s 1st and 3rd.

We gave up pick 9, one 2nd in the same draft, next year’s 1st, 2025 2nd and DJ Moore. We were offered pick 15 (same value as basically first two picks of the 2nd round) from GB for Moore last year, but based on the Rams trade we gave him up for a 2nd and a 3rd. The other issue besides getting crappy value for Moore is that the Rams went from 15 to 1 when we went from 9 to 1 and the difference there is a late 2nd as well.

You also know that Chicago desperately wanted out of the top pick because they didn’t want a QB. We did them a favor and still gave them more (two 2nds) than we should have and took the riskiest QB.

The Ram strategy isn't exactly one I'd want to follow. Yes they have a Super Bowl ring but they've really fallen off and it might take them a while to get back.

Runningback and receiver aren't "cornerstone" picks. Pass rusher is.

3 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

Exactly, people is making the Reich wanted Stroud stuff up because of their feelings for Stroud. Reich walked his ass in Fitt office and said he agree on Bryce. Later he said Richardson was his next pick a QB. Now other people in the organization could have wanted Stroud, but the decision is over and we got to move in the direction we choose. 

People like @Mr. Scotlike to latch on to these arguments about who’s making decisions in the front office because none of us will ever know the correct answer. He can play the condescending narcissist while calling everyone else dumb dumbs.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, not going down that road again 😄

There's actually a lot of good discussion being had here. Not gonna derail it responding to that kind of silliness.

You basically made a thread that calls out all your lecturing logic over the past several weeks boss and don't seem to be able to grasp that you did that. 

I guess I'll tune in next week to your new thread, where you finally conclude Frank Reich's O not Thomas Brown's uniquely built from the ground up O stinks. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean that's old news, and that's probably why he made the list to be hired....because that's what Frank was going to be doing here.   In the O Thomas Brown wasn't going to be calling for some time. 

I wish they would have let Thomas Brown build the O from the ground up.  And call it from day 1 of the preseason.  You seem to think I am bashing Brown.  I am not.   I like Brown.  I don't like Frank's old crap.  Again, go read up on the end of Frank's time in SD and Indy.   This is Frank 101. 

You are missing the point.  I don't care if you like Brown.  I like Brown and Evero just fine.  The blocking we are using is the same blocking Brown learned under in LAR.  I'm just stating there are obvious components of a Brown offense in here as well, and the OL might be the worst part of our offense.  The whole collaboration thing Brown was talking about lines up.  All you have told me about Frank is he runs shotgun a lot which we were going to do anyway with Young.  You have to stop trying to hijack these threads with your old repetitive arguments.  

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

You basically made a thread that calls out all your lecturing logic over the past several weeks boss and don't seem to be able to grasp that you did that. 

I guess I'll tune in next week to your new thread, where you finally conclude Frank Reich's O not Thomas Brown's uniquely built from the ground up O stinks. 

Yeah, didn't do any of that, but I can see why you'd want to spin it that way 😄

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You are missing the point.  I don't care if you like Brown.  I like Brown and Evero just fine.  The blocking we are using is the same blocking Brown learned under in LAR.  I'm just stating there are obvious components of a Brown offense in here as well, and the OL might be the worst part of our offense.  The whole collaboration thing Brown was talking about lines up.  All you have told me about Frank is he runs shotgun a lot which we were going to do anyway with Young.  You have to stop trying to hijack these threads with your old repetitive arguments.  

the fact Brown came from a system with the blocking scheme Frank Reich would be using.....was probably a key reason the newb/green OC got the job.  I mean, there is a reason Frank hired Brown. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Ram strategy isn't exactly one I'd want to follow. Yes they have a Super Bowl ring but they've really fallen off and it might take them a while to get back.

Runningback and receiver aren't "cornerstone" picks. Pass rusher is.

What? Rams strategy? No, I wouldn’t follow their strategy because we don’t have a window and because they gave up way too much value. It worked for the SB win, but gutted their team although they did better with their late picks this year than we did with most of our non-1st round picks. Puca was a steal and is way better than the 2nds we threw at TMJ and Mingo.

Anyway, what does the Rams strategy have to do with us? I want to be Jacksonville and Detroit who improved from doormats thanks to getting all the picks from the Rams.

Also, let’s be real. Having CMC, Moore, our 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, pick 61 and $30M a year in FA money over Burns makes us a way better team. Just stop trying to defend not making that trade, it’s silly at this point. Burns is tied for 24th in sacks right now. The whole edge rushers are so rare isn’t true. We could have grabbed Sweat and Young on the cheap if we wanted too as well.