• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Retooling the offensive approach...

Mr. Scot

... would be a massive project, but with ten days available it could at least be worth a shot.

What would I suggest? Shifting to a run heavy scheme to utilize the personnel we have on the OL in a manner that suits their skill set and hopefully minimizes the damage done to Bryce Young.

There should already be at least some plays in the playbook geared to this (short yardage plays if nothing else) that could be emphasized more or even tweaked to fit different down and distance situations. Hell, there's certainly time to write new plays even.

At the very least though, the game plans we've been using are not working and those have got to change.

Would it accomplish anything?

Don't know, but it's better than playing out the proverbial  definition of insanity.

• Pie 9

1 minute ago, TheBigKat said:

It’s gonna have to be offseason, we need fast twitch WRs to pair with Mingo/Thielen

draft someone like Josh Downs, Zay Flowers, Hollywood Brown type 

Not talking about the offseason. Talking about something that could at least conceivably be done in season with the personnel we have.

And offseason retool is a much larger project. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Not talking about the offseason. Talking about something that could at least conceivably be done in season with the personnel we have.

And offseason retool is a much larger project. 

That smith marsette fella has some jets, I’d incorporate him into the mix 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Basically do what Wilks did last year when he took over.  It should make our OL look better and give Young some breathing room.  I would cut Reich loose and let Deuce handle the team and this new approach.  If we want to retool and try to fix our running game then Deuce Staley make sense as the guy to head it. 

Similar approach, yeah. Don't necessarily think it requires a coaching change to do either.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar approach, yeah. Don't necessarily think it requires a coaching change to do either.

Why keep Reich and have him completely abandon his whole offensive philosophy?  Get a fresh face leading this team and see if they can play some inspired football.  I don't think Reich is inspiring anyone at this point....

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

... would be a massive project, but with ten days available it could at least be worth a shot.

What would I suggest? Shifting to a run heavy scheme to utilize the personnel we have on the OL in a manner that suits their skill set and hopefully minimizes the damage done to Bryce Young.

There should already be at least some plays in the playbook geared to this (short yardage plays if nothing else) that could be emphasized more or even tweaked to fit different down and distance situations. Hell, there's certainly time to write new plays even.

At the very least though, the game plans we've been using are not working and those have got to change.

Would it accomplish anything?

Don't know, but it's better than playing out the proverbial  definition of insanity.

So you finally admit that  Sanders sucks and offensive philosophy behind signing him was donkey brained 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why keep Reich and have him completely abandon his whole offensive philosophy?  Get a fresh face leading this team and see if they can play some inspired football.  I don't think Reich is inspiring anyone at this point....

That's an offseason thing. I'm talking strictly about something to try this season.

The rest is a down the road thing, and hopefully only done with the help of a consultant.

Just now, 4Corners said:

So you finally admit that  Sanders sucks and offensive philosophy behind signing him was donkey brained 

One, I don't think Sanders has been healthy all season.

But beyond that, the same offensive line that isn't protecting Bryce Young is blocking for him too.

• Pie 2