• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

Dalton got the hell beat out of him. Yes. I saw that. I don’t want him to be injured, but he understands what to do at least. He will hang and chuck it.

Somebody has to do something to make the field they are defending a little more like every other team’s area. We are in constant red zone. Won’t get out without expanding the field with some throws. 

6 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

I can't believe people are this delusional on this forum that people are surprised that a veteran did better than a rookie. 

People act like our offense was hitting on all cylinders that game, but our offense completely fell apart the 2nd half of the game. Take away the garbage time TD and we scored 19-21 points. Take away another flukey TD to Chark where the defender literally slipped and we scored 11-13 points. Dalton leaned heavily on Thielen just like Bryce did. Dalton is a vet and was better handled to adjust rather than a rookie, especially 3 weeks into the season. He's not going to be Patrick Mahomes the first season of his rookie career, especially not in this offense. Some players just develop more fast and slower than others, we just need to be a bit more patient and give him a chance in a competent offense.

Meanwhile, the two leading passers in the NFL are a second year player first year starter and a rookie.

But let's keep willfully ignoring reality for cope reasons.

When an over the hill journeyman comes in and soundly outplays your #1 pick... yikes.

40 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

We dont have objective people on this forum. 

Stroud been sacked 8 times in the last 7 games. Coaching matters. Go ball CJ.

I'll choose to not turn on our QB after 8 starts.

Bryce Young has been sacked 29 times this season lmao... People really hide the truth to fit their narrative.

25 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Take away a big play to Chark, where the defender literally fell down and no one else has over 40 yards receiving.

So you want to "take away" plays for one QB to fit your narrative but make excuses for the other QB?

This is why we cannot have productive discussion about our #1 pick.

Edited by frankw

3 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Bryce Young has been sacked 29 times this season lmao... People really hide the truth to fit their narrative.

It's just ironic that you see people down on Bryce as trying to hide the truth while all the reasons that Bryce isn't a bust yet involve things not related to Bryce because there's nothing in his actual play to hang that hat on. All the hope revolves around creating a perfect situation around him meanwhile we have very limited resources to do so due to the trade to get him. THAT is what is really frustrating people. At this point it's VERY obvious that he's not the type of talent to justify the move that we made.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, the two leading passers in the NFL are a second year player first year starter and a rookie.

But let's keep willfully ignoring reality for cope reasons.

When an over the hill journeyman comes in and soundly outplays your #1 pick... yikes.

Like I said, everybody develops at their own time. And you willfully ignored when I said that Dalton has way more experience than Bryce Young, which shouldn't be surprising. Not everyone can be Mahomes in their first season.

2 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Like I said, everybody develops at their own time. And you willfully ignored when I said that Dalton has way more experience than Bryce Young, which shouldn't be surprising. Not everyone can be Mahomes in their first season.

The whole selling point on Bryce was his NFL readiness. Literally no one would've tried to argue he had higher upside than Stroud or Richardson or Levis for that matter. What is there to develop? He physically maxed out in college. This was the whole concern about Bryce. That he might already be as good as he's gonna get.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's just ironic that you see people down on Bryce as trying to hide the truth while all the reasons that Bryce isn't a bust yet involve things not related to Bryce because there's nothing in his actual play to hang that hat on. All the hope revolves around creating a perfect situation around him meanwhile we have very limited resources to do so due to the trade to get him. THAT is what is really frustrating people. At this point it's VERY obvious that he's not the type of talent to justify the move that we made.

Half of the reasons why the trade wasn't justified is because of his physical talent and lack of arm talent. And I agree that we have very limited resources to get Bryce pieces, but people are still saying Bryce is a bust because of him, and not really because if his team. Bryce was known to be an Elite processor, but try processing while not trusting your lineman or receivers, having very little time to "process" the field, receivers not separating enough, and a shitty coaching scheme, and doing all that while trying to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

So you want to "take away" plays for one QB to fit your narrative but make excuses for the other QB?

This is why we cannot have productive discussion about our #1 pick.

If the defender doesn't slip, like he said, he don't have anyone outside of Thielen that has over 40 yards receiving. You can't use a fluke play to justify our offense being better for one game with Dalton, when the play almost should've never even happen in the first place. Especially where that touchdown was the difference between our offense scoring 27 points to 19 points.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, br2nc0 said:

Half of the reasons why the trade wasn't justified is because of his physical talent and lack of arm talent. And I agree that we have very limited resources to get Bryce pieces, but people are still saying Bryce is a bust because of him, and not really because if his team. Bryce was known to be an Elite processor, but try processing while not trusting your lineman or receivers, having very little time to "process" the field, receivers not separating enough, and a shitty coaching scheme, and doing all that while trying to adjust to the speed of the NFL.

I keep going back to Dalton in Seattle, man...

Why did the offense look so much different that day? Why did we have more 20+ yard completions that game than we probably have the rest of the season combined?

Yeah, we haven't put Bryce in a good situation. No one is trying to argue that we have. But Bryce has done very little to show that he has the physical talent to excel in the NFL. Hell, I don't blame him for that either. That's not his fault. Go slap momma and daddy for that one. But our decision makers have to be able to recognize that.