• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

38 minutes ago, Varking said:

I actually think Bryce will be fine here even with the current staff even though I know thats not a popular opinion just about anywhere. I don't like constant turnover and would like to give the folks involved their three years. If halfway through next season it still looks like this season then we should know by then if its a QB issue or a coach issue. Then we can swap one out come year 3 and see if it gets better. If not, then we move on from all involved. I read horror stories about QBs who didn't make it that were on a new coordinator or a new offense like 4 times in their first five years. 

This staff needs to go. I want to see what shakes out with a younger offensive mind that actually knows how to develop an offense not built for the 1990's.

Bryce is a good kid with with a good head on his shoulders. He's not someone anyone wants to root against. There is still time for him to learn develop and adapt. The issue is the physical traits. That's just not going to change and for a front office built around analytics it's odd anyone with real football knowledge would look at the arm talent disparity between Stroud and Young and say this isn't an issue at all.

We'll see how that ultimately plays out but we've done the blame game for weeks now I feel like enough is enough. Our only win of the season was a classic example of not being able to sustain drives and playing for field goals type of Panthers game that many people have complained about for years. For some reason now it's the game cited as Bryce Young's arrival.  Really? The rest of our schedule after Dallas is not difficult. There's plenty of opportunities for Bryce to showcase his ability as a passer if it's going to happen. We've already bottomed out entirely. There's nowhere to go but up. There has to be some semblance of progress though circumstances be damned.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

What the hell does a running back have to do with a QB we traded a haul to move up to select?

And Cam? His name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as the offensive and overall passing output we've been forced to watch the last several weeks.

Cope logic like that is why it's impossible to have any real discussion about Young.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

What the hell does a running back have to do with a QB we traded a haul to move up to select?

And Cam? His name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as the offensive and overall passing output we've been forced to watch the last several weeks.

Cope logic like that is why it's impossible to have any real discussion about Young.

It’s insanity.  It’s the last house on the left in excuses 

The jury is still out on Young. When anyone watching film on the Panthers, they can't help but laugh. Everyone is confused about the play calling, WR's get no separation, and the line gets bulldozed. I wanted Stroud by the way but you can't put all this on Young like he is just not seeing the field. 

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Use that big brain. You’ll figure it out.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

I wouldn’t expect a Texans fan to know what was being said about Cmac here after 2017.

You're still mad about something some random person said about McCaffrey online 6 years ago?

You know we can direct you to the 49ers boards my guy.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Cam won ROY and broke numerous records…there were questions about him???

A portion of this fanbase excoriated Cam when he walked into this building for the first time and never stopped. Lots of people were done with him after 2014 when he didn’t get back to the playoffs and then 2015 happened.

• Pie 1