• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Goal Game

BY9Franchise

7 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yes, and I didn't get a lot of feedback one way or the other. So, we'll start the playoffs with a new look to be unveiled Game 1. And we'll start from scratch, with a possible 16 wins up for grabs.

And, players will be able to call a shutout for either team, and get a win if it happens.

One weak spot- we could call for a shutout for the canes every game and might get a winner off that with nothing to lose lol

Edited by DavidEng

2 hours ago, DavidEng said:

One weak spot- we could call for a shutout for the canes every game and might get a winner off that with nothing to lose lol

That would be like calling the goalie. If you go with Freddie, he needs a shutout for you to win.

I think far more difficult than calling a skater for the first.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

That would be like calling the goalie. If you go with Freddie, he needs a shutout for you to win.

I think far more difficult than calling a skater for the first.

Missing your logic. If those are the rules I will call for a Canes shutout for every game regardless of who is in Canes net. No one would beat me on the shutout call unless they call for a shutout of the Canes by the opposing team and get lucky. So it doesn’t make sense everyone could call “shutout” every game.

Edited by DavidEng

6 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Missing your logic. If those are the rules I will call for a Canes shutout for every game. No one would beat me on the shutout call unless they call for a shutout of the Canes and get lucky. So it doesn’t make sense everyone could call “shutout” every game.

Okay.... but I've called more winners since we started this than the Canes have had shutouts. So I'm not following.

No worries. We'll leave the format as is.

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Okay.... but I've called more winners since we started this than the Canes have had shutouts. So I'm not following.

No worries. We'll leave the format as is.

Do you mean you have to call first goal AND the shutout to get a shutout win? Like you get 2 points for calling both?

19 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yes, and I didn't get a lot of feedback one way or the other. So, we'll start the playoffs with a new look to be unveiled Game 1. And we'll start from scratch, with a possible 16 wins up for grabs.

And, players will be able to call a shutout for either team, and get a win if it happens.

Do we give a point to start the playoff series to the regular season winner? 

11 hours ago, DavidEng said:

Do you mean you have to call first goal AND the shutout to get a shutout win? Like you get 2 points for calling both?

If you call Freddie or Pyotr or shutout- that's your pick. No other picks. 

So, between both goalies, they have what, 7 or 8 shutouts between them? I've called 8 first goals and we didn't even start until after the holidays if I remember correctly.

Call a shutout in the playoffs? Bold move.

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, between both goalies, they have what, 7 or 8 shutouts between them? I've called 8 first goals and we didn't even start until after the holidays if I remember correctly.

Pyotr I believe has 5, Freddie has 3 on the small sample size since returning. 

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Ah, so it’s call first goal OR a shutout, got it. Didn’t see an OR in the OP but now it makes sense.