• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce showed nothing today

Martin

13 hours ago, Martin said:

It was my fear when we took him, I was just hoping I was wrong, but sadly it doesn’t look like it.

We will know more next year when we can improve the offensive line to give him more protection and  get some receivers that run the correct routes and have the ability to get open.

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

That's where I am too. But I will say that I am beginning to wonder if his height is an issue. I really don't know because of the clusterfug around him. 

Perhaps I'm being reactionary due to being a Panthers fan, but the offense is about the worst that I've seen. No one save for maybe Thielen, Chuba and Tremble is playing with any heart out there. Maybe Blackshear too...but the offense looks as though people are just going through motions.

It's a valid question...but one that I don't think we can answer yet.

Don't think we can wait past next season to answer it, though.

21 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m sad to say, this guy is not it…I wish, as a PSL holder that was not so but it is…he has made not one play that looks like a worthy, top  10 nfl draft pick.  

He has made sports center a lot lately though.....although they have been pick six the other way. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, IndyPanther said:

I don't think you're finding anyone in the league who takes Robert Woods and Nico Collins over Adam Thielen and DJ Chark coming into the season.

This is one thing I dont understand everyone that is defending Young always act like the Texans are a team of probowlers.   Their Oline is playing better but how much of that is Stroud causing defenses to worry about the pass and his escapability.  Below is the Oline rankings midseason vs start of the year.  How much of the drop or increase is from the QB playing quicker and better its hard to really know.    WR they have no one of note but Stroud seems to also have elevated their play.  Everyone hates on Theilen but he is 4th in the nfl in receptions and 15th in yardage with young basically throwing a checkdown every play.  Imagine if he had a different QB.   I hope Young plays better but watching him play reminds me of the Jimmy Clausen QB days. 

12. Houston Texans (Preseason Rank: 23)

27. Carolina Panthers (Preseason Rank: 17)

6 hours ago, fanpanther said:

This is one thing I dont understand everyone that is defending Young always act like the Texans are a team of probowlers.   Their Oline is playing better but how much of that is Stroud causing defenses to worry about the pass and his escapability.  Below is the Oline rankings midseason vs start of the year.  How much of the drop or increase is from the QB playing quicker and better its hard to really know.    WR they have no one of note but Stroud seems to also have elevated their play.  Everyone hates on Theilen but he is 4th in the nfl in receptions and 15th in yardage with young basically throwing a checkdown every play.  Imagine if he had a different QB.   I hope Young plays better but watching him play reminds me of the Jimmy Clausen QB days. 

12. Houston Texans (Preseason Rank: 23)

27. Carolina Panthers (Preseason Rank: 17)

All in all the offensive cast is actually pretty similar, so it's pretty fair to compare them. We see how that comparison has gone so far.

And during the pregame of the TNF Bears game, a reporter mentioned that they talked to team management who also said they thought Young would look better in Houston. Just delusional.