• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer is an Absolute Idiot for Not Trading Brian Burns in 2022

Hoenheim

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

The Rams offered two 1st round picks for this dude?  Seriously? Our team has virtually no pass rush with or without him on the roster. This year has been underwhelming for him. He always dissapears for long stretches of games,  always over shoots his speed rush,  rarely can win with power,  consistently gets washed out in run defense...

We could have kept Wilks, Darnold, CMC, DJ, traded burns, NOT traded up for Bryce.  Drafted Jalen Carter (could you imagine him next to DB in a 4-3?). Wed at least be a halfway decent team now imo. Or would be next year with a qb change. 

What a fuging disaster. Fire this idiot Fiterrer. 

2 1sts and a high 2nd. Rams are pretty happy Fitts is an incompetent GM about now. 

• Pie 1

Not only not trading him, declining not just one but TWO golden opportunities to do so, but then not getting a contract done on top of it. This has been an egregious failure and Burns has exercised every bit of leverage the team willingly surrendered to him by turning down that king's ransom from the Rams.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 4

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

The Rams offered two 1st round picks for this dude?  Seriously? Our team has virtually no pass rush with or without him on the roster. This year has been underwhelming for him. He always dissapears for long stretches of games,  always over shoots his speed rush,  rarely can win with power,  consistently gets washed out in run defense...

We could have kept Wilks, Darnold, CMC, DJ, traded burns, NOT traded up for Bryce.  Drafted Jalen Carter (could you imagine him next to DB in a 4-3?). Wed at least be a halfway decent team now imo. Or would be next year with a qb change. 

What a fuging disaster. Fire this idiot Fiterrer. 

There are two franchise-defining moments in the last few years.

The first was when they turned down the absurd Burns trade. The second was when they made the trade up to #1 overall (regardless of who they picked).

I hated both moves then and sadly I've been proven right. We couldn't have sabotaged ourselves more if we tried. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

most hilarious indictment on Fitterer is that our defensive scheme isn't helping Burns and this offensive scheme would only work with McCaffery.

What defensive scheme would help Burns?

This one lets him stand up as a pass rusher and just try to run around the OT. We know he can't hold up as a 4-3 DE, he gets obliterated against the run. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

There are two franchise-defining moments in the last few years.

The first was when they turned down the absurd Burns trade. The second was when they made the trade up to #1 overall (regardless of who they picked).

I hated both moves then and sadly I've been proven right. We couldn't have sabotaged ourselves more if we tried. 

You took a lot of crap from guys on here who are supposedly football smart. You’ve been right all along.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Another instance were the majority of the Huddle has been right. Most knew Burns should have been traded, and throughout Fitts tenure, the huddle would have this team much better off than he has the team at the moment. That is no good.

Get rid of him. 

The terrifying thing for me is that I've made better Draft selections than Fitterer has - from 4,000 miles away with minimal scouting (a few YouTube cut ups) and no sit-down interview with the prospect.

Which begs the question, just what the hell is Fitterer doing? How is he possibly qualified for this job?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

27 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Not only not trading him, declining not just one but TWO golden opportunities to do so, but then not getting a contract done on top of it. This has been an egregious failure and Burns has exercised every bit of leverage the team willingly surrendered to him by turning down that king's ransom from the Rams.

Agreed.

I do think Burns is playing himself out of a major contract on the open market though - well, unless Fitterer is still here next year and offers him $30m a season over 5 years 'cos he's a moron. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Agreed.

I do think Burns is playing himself out of a major contract on the open market though - well, unless Fitterer is still here next year and offers him $30m a season over 5 years 'cos he's a moron. 

He'll just have a dinner with Dave and Nicole and break down a defensive play for them. Thats worth about $30m per year, right?

• Flames 3

50 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Another instance were the majority of the Huddle has been right. Most knew Burns should have been traded, and throughout Fitts tenure, the huddle would have this team much better off than he has the team at the moment. That is no good.

Get rid of him. 

1000%

Huddle also would have drafted Howell over Corral

CJ Stroud over Bryce Young

Josh Downs over Mingo

Not traded for Darnold or Baker

Got rid of Donte Jackson instead of giving him another contract

Not extended Ian Thomas (like wtf lol)

Not drafted a fuggin long snapper when Trey Smith was right there for the taking

I could go on and on. When the majority of the huddle could have fielded a better team than your GM, it's time to GTFO.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The terrifying thing for me is that I've made better Draft selections than Fitterer has - from 4,000 miles away with minimal scouting (a few YouTube cut ups) and no sit-down interview with the prospect.

Which begs the question, just what the hell is Fitterer doing? How is he possibly qualified for this job?

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

1000%

Huddle also would have drafted Howell over Corral

CJ Stroud over Bryce Young

Josh Downs over Mingo

Not traded for Darnold or Baker

Got rid of Donte Jackson instead of giving him another contract

Not extended Ian Thomas (like wtf lol)

Not drafted a fuggin long snapper when Trey Smith was right there for the taking

I could go on and on. When the majority of the huddle could have fielded a better team than your GM, it's time to GTFO.

• Flames 2