• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Unofficial GM/HC candidate list

methodtoll

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Makes you wonder, if Tepp just fired Rivera and Hurney at the same time, wonder what type of coach could've been had.  They could've hired someone like Borgonzi first and found a dude to pair with him.  Oh to rewrite history...

Trust me, if I could rewrite Panthers history I'd be going back way further than that 😄

But yeah, if I recall correctly at the time we hired Matt Rhule I was pushing for Dan Campbell.

Edited by Mr. Scot

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Trust me, if I could rewrite Panthers history I'd be going back way further than that 😄

But yeah, if I recall correctly at the time we hired Matt Rhule I was pushing for Dan Campbell.

Going back in time, the Panthers would've been better with Hurney and Rivera the past few years.

Rivera's biggest flaw was holding on to Shula and waiting to switch to a 3-4 for too long.

Now watch Tepper do some dumb poo and hire a defensive coordinator that runs a 4-3, yet again, a year within switching to a 3-4.

Edited by CPcavedweller

Already said I don't think we'll get Dodds, but someone with an attitude like his might be necessary.

Dodds has made clear that in any GM job he takes, he wants absolute control. Given the way Tepper acts, we probably need somebody like that.

Truth be told, "The Appaloosa Way" and its collaborative approach to things has done unfold damage to this team.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Going back in time, the Panthers would've been better with Hurney and Rivera the past few years.

Rivera's biggest flaw was holding on to Shula and waiting to switch to a 3-4 for too long.

Now watch Tepper do some dumb poo and hire a defensive coordinator that runs a 4-3, yet again, a year within switching to a 3-4.

Yeah..no. Hurney and Rivera were terrible together, and even that's not far back enough.

If I were going back in time, I'd start off with us taking Steve McNair instead of Kerry Collins.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

From the story...

The league had its annual Front Office & General Manager Accelerator Program attached to the meetings, where there were several soon-to-be GMs in attendance. Team owners had the voluntary opportunity to meet with the 42 participants at a 90-minute cocktail reception on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday morning they were part of a networking roundtable with some participants.

Sources said the two team owners most active and engaged with participants at the program were Washington's Josh Harris and Tepper, both of whom could have GM openings by the end of the season. League sources believe as many as a half-dozen GM jobs will be open.

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bros. Firing Fitterer isn't going to fix anything. Tepper will still impose his will under threat of job under the next guy.

Tepper needs to sell the team to fix this. That, or he needs to go on a permanent vacation and install a management group.

yeah iI but you have to know that Scott Fitterer is giving David Tepper really  bad advice on how they should assemble the team via free agency , trades, & through the draft.i just can't imagine that David Tepper has single handedly created this mess alone.if David Tepper has any sense whatsoever he should hire Mike Borgonzi & fire Scott Fitterer a.s..a.p. before the Las Vegas Raiders or possibly another team hires them to be their next GM...just saying

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the story...

The league had its annual Front Office & General Manager Accelerator Program attached to the meetings, where there were several soon-to-be GMs in attendance. Team owners had the voluntary opportunity to meet with the 42 participants at a 90-minute cocktail reception on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday morning they were part of a networking roundtable with some participants.

Sources said the two team owners most active and engaged with participants at the program were Washington's Josh Harris and Tepper, both of whom could have GM openings by the end of the season. League sources believe as many as a half-dozen GM jobs will be open.

That’s promising right?

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just wondering what the reactions will be when we announce our new GM...

Meet Browns Assistant GM Catherine Raiche

I mean if she’s the best candidate and ends up doing a good job, it shouldn’t matter honestly. I’ve seen some interviews with her and she’s sounds the part. 

I’m just glad Tepper was reportedly active in talking with potential GM’s at the league meetings. It at least makes me think he’ll do the right thing and start completely fresh.

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bros. Firing Fitterer isn't going to fix anything. Tepper will still impose his will under threat of job under the next guy.

Tepper needs to sell the team to fix this. That, or he needs to go on a permanent vacation and install a management group.

Tepper might be a meddling owner, but the dude is not demanding we trade picks to draft DJ Johnson. Tepper gives input on marquee decisions, but Fitterer has whiffed on almost everything he has done in every capacity.

• Pie 2