• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay thread!

Zod

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He faced arguably the best one last week.

But the reality either way is that Dalton is nothing special.

Becoming predictable my man figuring you would pick the Dallas game last week, so I had this teed up for you.  Pass defenses: Texans: 25th, Bears, 26th and Bucs 31st.

Nothing special is faaaaaarrrrr better than what we are seeing with wee-little-man.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Becoming predictable my man figuring you would pick the Dallas game last week, so I had this teed up for you.  Pass defenses: Texans: 25th, Bears, 26th and Bucs 31st.

Nothing special is faaaaaarrrrr better than what we are seeing with wee-little-man.

You missed the point.

The point was in the second paragraph. Dalton isn't any sort of answer.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

except he isnt, he is small, not athletic, weak arm and shitty mechanics.  Tell me again what are his traits that made him #1?

I think it is unfair to truly grade him due to this line, and these formations and calls. Frank calling plays, relinquishing calling plays, then forcing it back is ridiculous. There is no continuity with this staff, and it starts with Frank. You hire a OC, let him do his job. Young is just as talented as Stroud, but you see the difference in coaching and calls. The coach should ease him info the system, not force a QB into his playbook. Roll outs, screens, draws, 3 step drop plays, that’s how you ease a QB in, not pistol and shotgun, then react. Great coaches mold their playbook to talent, not force the player into schemes.

• Pie 1

Just now, philit99 said:

I think it is unfair to truly grade him due to this line, and these formations and calls. Frank calling plays, relinquishing calling plays, then forcing it back is ridiculous. There is no continuity with this staff, and it starts with Frank. You hire a OC, let him do his job. Young is just as talented as Stroud, but you see the difference in coaching and calls. The coach should ease him info the system, not force a QB into his playbook. Roll outs, screens, draws, 3 step drop plays, that’s how you ease a QB in, not pistol and shotgun, then react. Great coaches mold their playbook to talent, not force the player into schemes.

that has nothing to do with his poo mechanics, his weak arm strength and his lack of pocket awareness.  He has lived a blessed life in high school and college and now when the chips are down he is eating poo because he has nothing to fall back on except press conference psycho babble

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You missed the point.

The point was in the second paragraph. Dalton isn't any sort of answer.

I got it and for the long term, I 100% agree.  However, this team and fan base are STARVED for some wins.  Merely staying out of the record books avoiding 0-17 isn't good enough.  Even if Dalton delivers 2 or 3 wins if named the starter for the remainder of the season is something to feel good about.  This season is toast, so I'm not sure how much more learning Bryce can do at this point.  Continued losing can actually be detrimental to both Young and the team.  Losing breeds resentment.  I was as the Patriots game, the last game of the season in 2001, and it was crystal clear that team had fully given up.  Do we want to get to the point were the team just quits?  I think we are not far from it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I got it and for the long term, I 100% agree.  However, this team and fan base are STARVED for some wins.  Merely staying out of the record books avoiding 0-17 isn't good enough.  Even if Dalton delivers 2 or 3 wins if named the starter for the remainder of the season is something to feel good about.  This season is toast, so I'm not sure how much more learning Bryce can do at this point.  Continued losing can actually be detrimental to both Young and the team.  Losing breeds resentment.  I was as the Patriots game, the last game of the season in 2001, and it was crystal clear that team had fully given up.  Do we want to get to the point were the team just quits?  I think we are not far from it.

With the offensive line, and even the defense, as beat up as they are now, I'm not sure it makes any difference at all.

But perhaps more to the point, winning more games this year doesn't actually provide a whole lot of real benefit outside of pride.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

With the offensive line, and even the defense, as beat up as they are now, I'm not sure it makes any difference at all.

But perhaps more to the point, winning more games this year doesn't actually provide a whole lot of real benefit outside of pride.

Wow, I'm not even sure how to even respond to that.  I mean if this was a 8-year old girls soccer team, I guess losing is okay as long as they get pizza party and participation ribbon at the end of the season.