• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper to speak on Tuesday

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

For people complaining about the "firings" and not the "hirings" do you all thing he shouldn't have fired Rivera or Rhule?  Everyone was pretty happy with both firings when they happened.  I guess the only one in question is Reich which I don't think many were interested in keeping around.  There is a HIRING issue without a doubt, but I think most of Tepper's firings have been at the right time.  He needs to get rid of Fitt this offseason to pair his new GM and HC together.  

If anything, the consensus was that he should have fired Rhule after his 2nd season instead of waiting until the implosion in the first few weeks of Season 3

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

For people complaining about the "firings" and not the "hirings" do you all thing he shouldn't have fired Rivera or Rhule?  Everyone was pretty happy with both firings when they happened.  I guess the only one in question is Reich which I don't think many were interested in keeping around.  There is a HIRING issue without a doubt, but I think most of Tepper's firings have been at the right time.  He needs to get rid of Fitt this offseason to pair his new GM and HC together.  

I agree with the firings but I think he’s honestly not fired people soon enough. Hurney didn’t need another year. Fitterer should have been gone with Rhule.

TBH, I wish we let Rhule run the ship into the ground last year since we all knew it was QB in 2023 1st. We made a huge mistake with Wilks in that the 6-6 finish just made us lose Moore and more picks and might have made us lucky enough to be in position to get Stroud or Richardson with no trade up.

You are right that the issue is a hiring one. No one we kept or hired was any good. That’s the long and short of it, Tepper has given us shitty GMs and coaches.

The media is having a field day because they have their new Daniel Snyder to keep their tweets going. I love the “not that Reich wasn’t an issue” or “not that Reich did well” caveats before they explode down the OMG look at all the firings. I’d love to hear any of explain why Hurney, Rhule, Rivera, Reich or Fitterer should still be here. The firings were actually proper, but the hirings/not firings have been atrocious.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

If anything, the consensus was that he should have fired Rhule after his 2nd season instead of waiting until the implosion in the first few weeks of Season 3

I still have wish we just left Rhule in place. The goal last year should have been get in the best spot to get a rookie QB and build around them. If we had just stated that goal internally and then executed every decision based on that we would have let Rhule get us to a top 3 pick, traded Burns for 2 1sts and pick 36, kept CMC for $10m a year (his “new” cost that wasn’t already baked in to dead cap) instead of a mid 2nd round value and kept Moore on a decent deal (considering sunk costs).

Problem is we had a yes man/bad drafter at GM with no vision and we did none of those and here we are.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Think of it like this, if you knew you had a boss that was a vindictive control freak that fires people at the drop of a hat and you were scouting qbs and said owner let it be known who he liked the best are you really going to challenge on that or are you going to fall in line?  I think that is where you get the "unanimous" comment.  There is no way that human nature allows everyone in that building all thought young was the best pick and nobody thought stroud or AR was better.  Thats just not how things work.  And by him admitting that its A)a telling about his "process and B) he is admitting the scouting dept fuging sucks ass.

Having all that aside and knowing the things to date that tepper has meddled in one would have to be a fool to think that tepper wasnt having the final say.

Listen to the OG podcast that just came out and Jon Jones lays this out.

You taking about this at the 25:30 mark

”Everyone in that building wanted Bryce.  Their may have been 1 person who didn’t have voting power.”

”Did David Tepper also think it was Bryce?  Could that impact a decision in someway.  Sure I’m not going to discount that.”

”when Josh McCown is at CJ’s pro day and says we’ll see you in Carolina in a couple months.  That’s what coaches do with these young guys they say those things.  And I’m sure he liked CJ Stroud.  Maybe Josh is the guy who liked CJ,  but that isn’t proof (though that seems to be most people proof on here) that he said some encouraging words after a nice audition”

”I get get the txt about the rumors every day. But what I can tell you back in April and in May and in June before CJ Stroud was going to be Offensive rookie of the year.  That Everyone in that building Wanted Bryce Young.

Now go ahead and spin his physical quote as you will.

i know it’s hard for your small brain to wrap around.  And I know how you feel about this as you attacked Verge for even bringing up that her sources said Bryce was going number 1.  While you were convinced there was Zero percent chance a QB his size would go top 3-5 in the draft.

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You taking about this at the 25:30 mark?

“Everyone in that building wanted Bryce.  Their may have been 1 person who didn’t have voting power.”

”Did David Tepper also think it was Bryce?  Could that impact a decision in someway.  Sure I’m not going to discount that.”

”when Josh McCown is at CJ’s pro day and says we’ll see you in Carolina in a couple months.  That’s what coaches do with these young guys they say those things.  And I’m sure he liked CJ Stroud.  Maybe Josh is the guy who liked CJ,  but that isn’t proof (though that seems to be most people proof on here) that he said some encouraging words after a nice audition”

”I get get the txt about the rumors every day. But what I can tell you back in April and in May and in June before CJ Stroud was going to be Offensive rookie of the year.  That Everyone in that building Wanted Bryce Young.

i know it’s hard for your small brain to wrap around.  And I know how you feel about this as you attacked Verge for even bringing up that her sources said Bryce was going number 1.  While you were convinced there was Zero percent chance a QB his size would go top 3-5 in the draft.

head.in.sand

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You taking about this at the 25:30 mark?

“Everyone in that building wanted Bryce.  Their may have been 1 person who didn’t have voting power.”

Dog 15 Black Friday + 50% Offer with ProPlan_YT with bug ? 

You saying I need buy my dog a squeaky dog toy and save 50% on it ?

• Pie 1

Josh McCown could go on Josh Norris podcast and tell you how much he loved Bryce and wanted him over Stroud

Frank could come on and do an interview with @Zodsaying “I wanted Bryce.  I never thought we could get to 1 so I like Stroud too”

and MrIncomplete would be all over here Chuck style spamming telling people they’re being held hostage with a gun to their head and their capping.

Edited by ncfan

Just now, ncfan said:

Josh McCown could go on Josh Norris podcast and tell you how much he loved Bryce and wanted him over Stroud

Frank could come on and do an interview with @Zodsaying “I wanted Bryce.  I never thought we could get to 1 so I like Stroud”

and MrIncomplete would be all over here telling people they’re being held hostage with a gun to their head and their capping.

we laid it out to you in elementary terms, its not my fault you dont understand it

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we laid it out to you in elementary terms, its not my fault you dont understand it

Dawg 

Everyone has put it black and white for you

and you can’t seem to accept it  (which is understandable with your pea brain takes pre draft) so your coming up with some wild conspiracies.  Just because Teppers past.

Edited by ncfan

Just now, ncfan said:

Dawg 

Everyone has put it black and white for you can’t seem to accept it so your coming up with some wild conspiracies.  Just because Teppers past.

if you think its a wild conspiracy that tepper has meddled in the past and meddled in the draft when this motherfuger and his wife were at pro days then I am not sure what to tell you

just put me on ignore because I cannot argue on this simplistic level

you like tep I get it