• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the offensive scheme going to change now?

hepcat

Ok guys back to football for a bit. With Reich and two offensive assistants out the door, how much does the scheme change?

The brain dead running game and forced pass-first attack is one of the primary reasons the offense struggled this season. There was a sore lack of misdirection plays, read option, play action, and have they even run a reverse once this year? I’m not surprised Duce Staley was fired given how poorly the running backs performed compared to last season. I’d really like to see the offense go full running game attack with all of the above. Put Bryce in winning situations with easy reads that put WRs in space to get yards after the catch. Without quick receivers the only way to do that is by forcing the defense to respect the run and be ready to cover all areas of the field. They will get winning matchups somewhere on the field if the running game is working. 

But hey I’m just a fan. We will see what actually transpires on the field. 

• Beer 1

I can see some different things being done now that Brown has a bit more liberty to do what he sees fit.  However, I wouldn't expect much given the personnel we have. 

Unless we can magically get a shifty slot weapon and a pass catching RB, we just have no one that can create quickly and stretch the field in any direction.  There's just no weaponry. 

I could maybe see an uptick in Blackshear and Shenault snaps to help in this regard, but we just don't have the team built for a McVay-esque offense.  But Brown has a chance to figure something out, so I'm at least excited a tad.  Just a smidge.