• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current odds on Panthers next coach

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would only put money down on it not being our first choice, maybe not even our second.

Sometimes that is ok because we really wanted the short guy in Lincoln back in 2020.

The nfl is riddled with stories of teams saving themselves from their own mistakes.

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Looking really bad.

Has anyone seen even anything about him being on the hot seat yet? It looks like he is in lockstep with Tepper so far. It's feesable he even survives Young if that keeps going on it's current trajectory.

If that happens, I’m completely checking out bc none of this poo matters anymore

Edited by Move the Panthers to Raleigh
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Have you heard anyone in the Panthers org mentioning him or seeing him? He’s on the hot seat as well. That Boston Globe piece hinted that Scott’s job isn’t safe. 

All I have heard is pure speculation. He obviously should be but that's not the same as actually being on the hot seat. Didn't Tepper even mention being on the same page or something? It looks like he won the blame struggle between him and Frank to me. Tepper has aleays thrown his anger around and it looks like Scott holds up well with it or he would have crumbled before Frank ever got here.

12 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Odds on a new GM?

Peters would be most folks' choice and for good reason. He was a finalist last time but lost to Fitts.

I wonder how that works with GMs and if they would accept after not being "the guy" the first time, only to be courted after the guy you lost to failed. 

8 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

If that happens, I’m completely checking bc none of this poo matters anymore

If so then it's absolutely going to get worse but at least it will be entertaining. I'm so emotionally removed from the staff and players that it can get hilariousbat times. Not what I wanted but it has it's moments. Tepper's last press conference was that for me.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All I have heard is pure speculation. He obviously should be but that's not the same as actually being on the hot seat. Didn't Tepper even mention being on the same page or something? It looks like he won the blame struggle between him and Frank to me. Tepper has aleays thrown his anger around and it looks like Scott holds up well with it or he would have crumbled before Frank ever got here.

I have to think this is a move that gets made closer to the end of the season, if not on the infamous Black Monday. If they think that they will lose out on candidates between now and then, maybe we pull the trigger and promote Morgan or Wilson to interim GM so we can interview others.

No real upside to letting Fitts go mid-season as long as his duties are limited to keeping the lights on at the inn. Him not being at Tepper's side during the presser says all I need to know. Dead man walking.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I have to think this is a move that gets made closer to the end of the season, if not on the infamous Black Monday. If they think that they will lose out on candidates between now and then, maybe we pull the trigger and promote Morgan or Wilson to interim GM so we can interview others.

No real upside to letting Fitts go mid-season as long as his duties are limited to keeping the lights on at the inn. Him not being at Tepper's side during the presser says all I need to know. Dead man walking.

Sometimes they say that or keep them until after the draft. Replacing him now would allow them to get started on interviews and let candidates have more time to plan so that's also a plus. Just depends on who is pulling the triger and what they feel like doing.

I hope you are right. See if he is still next to Tepper at games next.

Edited by Waldo

35 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Peters would be most folks' choice and for good reason. He was a finalist last time but lost to Fitts.

I wonder how that works with GMs and if they would accept after not being "the guy" the first time, only to be courted after the guy you lost to failed. 

Peters was offered a raise and a promotion to go back to the 49ers. Sad to say I wouldn't be surprised if other guys use flirtation with us to get the same sort of thing.

As to Peters, the bigger deal is that he's a lifelong 49ers fan and has stated that being their GM is his dream job. He's right now one step and probably just a few years away from that.

I'd be extremely surprised if anybody was able to lure him away.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Peters was offered a raise and a promotion to go back to the 49ers. Sad to say I wouldn't be surprised if other guys use flirtation with us to get the same sort of thing.

As to Peters, the bigger deal is that he's a lifelong 49ers fan and has stated that being their GM is his dream job. He's right now one step and probably just a few years away from that.

I'd be extremely surprised if anybody was able to lure him away.

DeCosta 2.0 when it comes to trying to lure him away

46 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If so then it's absolutely going to get worse but at least it will be entertaining. I'm so emotionally removed from the staff and players that it can get hilariousbat times. Not what I wanted but it has its moments. Tepper's last press conference was that for me.

It can be funny, but I can only take the comedy of errors so long before I need to see competent football

• Beer 1