• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFB conference championship games

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Boo Corrigan has to be shitting himself right now.

Washington and Michigan (barring some sort or collapse) are locks.

Now let’s say Georgia is 12-1, FSU is 13-0, Texas is 12-1, and Alabama is 12-1… who are the other two teams?

Also, remember that Corrigan is the AD at NCSU, he’s going to fight hard for a 13-0 FSU team.

In that scenario, I think Bama and Georgia have to be out. While I’d hate it as a Bama grad, it would be the right thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Boo Corrigan has to be shitting himself right now.

Washington and Michigan (barring some sort or collapse) are locks.

Now let’s say Georgia is 12-1, FSU is 13-0, Texas is 12-1, and Alabama is 12-1… who are the other two teams?

Also, remember that Corrigan is the AD at NCSU, he’s going to fight hard for a 13-0 FSU team.

FSU has to make it if undefeated.  Texas is #4.  SEC gets left out.  That said Bama might be the best team right now lol

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

FSU has to make it if undefeated.  Texas is #4.  SEC gets left out

ACC conference is weak, Alabama will get in over them with 1 loss.

SEC is college football. Nobody wants to watch a SEC school stomp a ACC school without their starting QB. Ratings will be a factor.

3 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

In that scenario, I think Bama and Georgia have to be out. While I’d hate it as a Bama grad, it would be the right thing to do. 

It’s tough because FSU is an undefeated champion but the argument is there that they had a fairly week schedule for a P5 team. Beating a mediocre Louisville team in the ACC championship probably won’t be enough to actually jump Alabama or Texas in the College Football Power Index.

Then you have Alabama who arguably would have the best win on paper out of any team in college football.

But then Texas would argue that they beat Bama head to head, albeit over 90 days ago.

I don’t envy the job of Corrigan.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

FSU has to make it if undefeated.  Texas is #4.  SEC gets left out.  That said Bama might be the best team right now lol

I think it depends on how much SOS plays into the decision. Bama, Texas, and FSU would all be conference champions which apparently holds a lot of value to the committee.

So it comes down to SOS vs. an undefeated team.

FSU will say that no one beat them but Texas and Bama will argue that they’d also be undefeated with the same schedule and both will be higher than FSU in the College Football Power Index and both Bama and Texas also have a stronger SOS.

Bama and Texas will argue that if going undefeated is that important then we might as well let Liberty in.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s tough because FSU is an undefeated champion but the argument is there that they had a fairly week schedule for a P5 team. Beating a mediocre Louisville team in the ACC championship probably won’t be enough to actually jump Alabama or Texas in the College Football Power Index.

Then you have Alabama who arguably would have the best win on paper out of any team in college football.

But then Texas would argue that they beat Bama head to head, albeit over 90 days ago.

I don’t envy the job of Corrigan.

Losing their QB will be a factor too. It's not fair but it's reality. For them to have any shot they gotta stop Louisville and show that they can score. Louisville has a good D. Put up 30+ on them and it means something.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Losing their QB will be a factor too. It's not fair but it's reality. For them to have any shot they gotta stop Louisville and show that they can score. Louisville has a good D. Put up 30+ on them and it means something.

Agreed, looking at FSU’s schedule, their signature win came against an SEC team that didn’t even make the SEC championship and that win was over 90 days ago when FSU was fully healthy.

Corrigan will fight hard for an undefeated FSU team but if they don’t dominate a Louisville team that is coming off of a loss to an average SEC team, then I can see FSU getting jumped.