• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

I don't have a problem with the criticism of Bryce.  My biggest problem on this forum is that it feels like you aren't even allowed to have a positive thought about Bryce and anything you say as it relates to the rest of the team gets twisted as you making an excuse for Bryce. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

I don't have a problem with the criticism of Bryce.  My biggest problem on this forum is that it feels like you aren't even allowed to have a positive thought about Bryce and anything you say as it relates to the rest of the team gets twisted as you making an excuse for Bryce. 

Sure you are. No one is censoring you.

I mean, the whole year the Bryce apologists have been throwing literally anything and anyone else under the bus to run cover for him. The rest of us have just been saying yeah, we suck and Bryce is a big part of that.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, the whole year the Bryce apologists have been throwing literally anything and anyone else under the bus to run cover for him. 

This is exactly my point.  Anyone who supports Bryce is just labeled an "apologist."  

Would you find it okay if I called anyone who doesn't support Bryce a "hater"?  How is it any different?

Edited by Mage

30 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Wow a lot of big brains in this thread with some very definitive statements. Just think so far in your lifetime every single choice you have made has lead you to poo posting on a 1-11 football team's message board. Ya'll aren't as bright as you think you are and that is a fact. The all knowing voices of the Carolina Huddle. Lol. At this point I hope Bryce is the starter for the next 10 years maybe it will get some of you clowns to finally abandon ship

The Huddle has been right about more draft picks and trades than Fitterer. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

This is exactly my point.  Anyone who supports Bryce is just labeled an "apologist."  

Would you find it okay if I called anyone who doesn't support Bryce a "hater"?  How is it any different?

What is your take?

My take is that Bryce looks like all of the physical concerns were legit and all of the mental savant claims aren't panning out. I haven't seen him make very many plays all year that I wouldn't expect pretty much any roster caliber NFL QB to be able to make.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

The Huddle has been right about more draft picks and trades than Fitterer. 

And they conveniently leave out all the picks they miss on.. it’s a bit different when you’re in the public eye. Easy to say you’re a better GM from the couch. Mistakes are made from all franchises but it’s always easy to say you can do better while having no experience in the actual situation..

unless… is that you Marty?

Just now, Adb6368 said:

And they conveniently leave out all the picks they miss on.. it’s a bit different when you’re in the public eye. Easy to say you’re a better GM from the couch. Mistakes are made from all franchises but it’s always easy to say you can do better while having no experience in the actual situation..

unless… is that you Marty?

Nicole, is that you? 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is your take?

My take is that Bryce looks like all of the physical concerns were legit and all of the mental savant claims aren't panning out. I haven't seen him make very many plays all year that I wouldn't expect pretty much any roster caliber NFL QB to be able to make.

My take would be hes scared shitless because he has no faith in this wr corp or OL. He’s bailing to early and when he does throw a catchable ball the WR inexplicably dives out out bounds or lets it go through their hands. He’s making a lot of mistakes and I hope (and think) it’s because he’s currently shook. If he gets better protection and consistently doesn’t have to fear for his life the plays will slow down and his play will speak for itself 

Edited by Adb6368

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is your take?

My take is that Bryce looks like all of the physical concerns were legit and all of the mental savant claims aren't panning out. I have seen him make very many plays all year that I wouldn't expect pretty much any roster caliber NFL QB to be able to make.

My take is that he probably isn't going to work out for us.  But that is beside the point.  I still feel like people should be allowed to have an opinion in support of Bryce without being called an apologist, just like I wouldn't call you a hater for not having faith in Bryce.  I'm all for a discourse about Bryce the player, but too often around here I see people getting criticized for their support of Bryce.

I still think Bryce could become a decent-level QB with the right team built around him, but I very much doubt that is going to happen in Carolina for the next 2-3 years.  By that point we'll be moving on.  And I'm cool with being wrong on a player.  We've all been wrong before.  I'm not really concerned about his size or arm strength.  It is his accuracy that is the most problematic for me.  His accuracy looks worse than it did at Alabama.  Some of that has to do with his footwork.  And it is just so hard in the NFL to overcome lackluster accuracy when you aren't an insane athlete like a Cam or a Josh Allen, etc.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Bryce it too short to throw deep down the sideline. Once in awhile he will hit someone accurately but I even heard the announcers making fun of him today for yet another inaccurate deep ball that went out of bounds.

More and more now you're hearing announcers admit that there was a play to be made and that Bryce was either too short to see it or too short to make it. When we drafted him all the talk was at how good Bryce was at navigating on traffic and finding throwing lanes. Like his super processing abilities, it just hasn't planned it in the NFL.

• Beer 1