• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett smartening up

CanadianCat

I think it's possible for someone to turn their attitude around but I just don't see it with Jarrett. Even in the last game he didn't put full effort into every play.

The sad part about it is I think he did.... He is just terribly slow out of his breaks and dose not use is body to get pos. I mean he has great hands and leaping ability but that dose not help if you dont have pos on the defender.

The sad part about it is I think he did.... He is just terribly slow out of his breaks and dose not use is body to get pos. I mean he has great hands and leaping ability but that dose not help if you dont have pos on the defender.

Nah, there were definitely plays where he was casually jogging and not moving anywhere near full speed. I'll see if I can find some video, this should be interesting.

he's cheap and still has a bit of potential. he most likely won't be cut so i'm glad to see this. not ecstatic because i don't expect a whole lot out of it but i'm glad to see him putting in some extra work. new and younger QB and a new and younger WR coach should help some. tolbert will probably be happy to have some project to work on.

I really can't stand the irrational dj lovers but some people are being too pessimistic in this thread. Give him credit for trying little harder. All of his problems are coachable and really effort based. It would be really sad if he was trying hard. I'm positive he's not, he plays like he's on valium. Only good thing about him is his hands.

If he's going to try harder I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

A guy wanting to kick ass in his contract year?? Amazing.

In all seriousness though, maybe he just needed to remember what it was like to have teammates jump all over you when you catch a TD pass. It's been 3 years, and after the last game, he's pumped up. If he has even a decent year as a big #2, you can believe that someone will pony up the dough for him with how young he is.

Raise your hand if you knew who Elvis Dumervill was before this season? *crickets*

All it takes is one season to get noticed, and more importantly, get paid. His last rookie contract dollar is probably just about spent.

I'm glad to see he's going to take this season more seriously, coming back to Charlotte to train a month before he has to shows that he is committed to being the Panthers #2 WR. Now that we have a QB who spreads the ball around maybe he will play up to his expectations. I just hope Moose taught him a thing or two about blocking.

he's cheap and still has a bit of potential. he most likely won't be cut so i'm glad to see this. not ecstatic because i don't expect a whole lot out of it but i'm glad to see him putting in some extra work. new and younger QB and a new and younger WR coach should help some. tolbert will probably be happy to have some project to work on.[/QUOTE]

Well by god he's got one. Hopefully he can pull it off. I for one have always been confused with Jarrett, but always rooted for him. Is it the system, Fox, Jake or his half-ass attitude and work ethic holding him back? I guess will see.

ps...That quote from Smitty (on time in the film room) always stays in my head when the topic is Jarrett.

Archived