• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett smartening up

CanadianCat

Dwayne Jarrett will arrive in Charlotte a month earlier than required in order to start getting ready for the 2010 season.

The highly disappointing Jarrett sees an opportunity for playing time and also likely wants to make a good first impression on new receivers coach Tyke Tolbert. Still, his play to date inspires no confidence that Jarrett can secure a starting role opposite Steve Smith. The Panthers need to address the wide receiver position in the draft or free agency.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NfL&majteam=CAR

I think one thing that gets over looked is that he is ONLY 23. When I was 23 I needed time to smarten up. Maybe now, cause its now or never

I think a younger WR coach will help.

I agree.

I know he's been in the league long enough, but I really feel it's unfair to judge our receivers based on last year. Jarrett catches just about everything thrown his way, even though he may not be open enough to warrant throwing to all the time.

I'm not saying he's worthy of a No. 2 spot or anything, but I think he's worth keeping around another year as a good possession receiver.

He is going to give his all. This is his last year on his rookie deal and he knows that if he is a bust this year, he will not get paid. Like most players they usually do something in a contract year. Too bad they have to wait for years to actually get it together. It is a good reason why all contracts should be performance based and one year in duration.

Archived