• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clayton: 2nd rounder could get Marshall

unicar15

This is a similar situation to the Peppers situation for us. The player doesn't want to be there but his value is skewed because of perceived problems. For Pep it was motivation, for Marshall it is off the field attitude etc...

Marshall's value is obviously a first and a third rounder. He is a top 5 receiver in the league. The guy is a stud, plain an simple. It would come down to whether or not Steve could play with him...which I think he could. I think Steve wants a shot at a championship bad enough to give up some catches. If the Broncos wanted our 2nd for Marshall then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I bet you Steve Smith would LOVE having Marshall take some double teams for once. Smith could work the slot and turn short completions into big plays which is what he thrives at.

I am ALL FOR this trade. Off the field problems or not, Brandon Marshall is a complete stud and has proven himself, unlike a WR we'd have to take a risk on in the 2nd round.

What gives him the indication that they would let him go for only a 2nd? Even with his off the field problems I still see him fetching at least 1 1st. But for the sake of argument I would love this. I have been saying for awhile that I believe Smith would love to have a "#1 reciever" on the other side.

Its not like we have to worry about him not making plays. He has been double and triple covered for years and still has been one of the most dominate players in the league. I see this as a similar situation to Stewart/Dwill. Both would and should see that having the other only improves there longevity and effectiveness.

Besides no matter how it looks on paper Smith will always be the number 1 no matter who we bring in.

Archived