• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non-Panthers NFL Games

kungfoodude

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I agree. I think people expected Cam to be better because of where he was drafted. Jake was a pleasant surprise. Cam with Moose and Smith would have been fun. 

Not entirely. Newton wasn't a super cerebral QB. Neither was Delhomme. They weren't Brady / Manning type quarterbacks.

Newton was just a ridiculous combo of size and speed while Jake was a balls out gunslinger. Both had Brett Favreish level accuracy.

It's possible to win in different ways.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, BY9Franchise said:

He did no more for this franchise than Jake Delhomme 3 playoff appearances one SB appearance....  3 decent seasons. 3 winning seasons out of 8 isn't "driving success"

Except Jake actually showed up to play in the Superbowl...

Cam was about the only one that showed up to play in that Super Bowl... 265 passing yards before sacks and also the team rushing leader against a historic-level defense with deep level game planning and coaching. What game did you watch?

Edited by KSpan

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Cam was about the only one that showed up to play in that Super Bowl... 265 passing yards before sacks and also the team rushing leader. What game did you watch?

Kony Early showed up. Arguably would have been the MVP of the game if we'd won.

After that, though... 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

You are conveniently leaving out the 0 touchdowns and three turnovers (1 INT 2 FUMBLEs lost)

The int was a good pass that went off of Ginn's stone hands, and as if the fumble strip-sacks were his fault, and again, historic defense with Philly Brown out after Talib literally headhunted him.

Not sure what your angle is here but you're very objectively wrong.

4 minutes ago, KSpan said:

The int was a good pass that went off of Ginn's stone hands, and as if the fumble strip-sacks were his fault, and again, historic defense with Philly Brown out after Talib literally headhunted him.

Not sure what your angle is here but you're very objectively wrong.

Nice excuses try harder. 

7 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Man, I'm still salty on the fact that CMC is now healthy and isn't missing any games due to injuries. 

I told y'all this was gonna happen. He missed a ton of time here with lingering nagging injuries on bad teams. I said at the time that he would've been playing if we were contending but we're not so what's the point? Sons of former players tend to be a lot smarter in these types of things.