• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobby Slowik- Meet the Candidate- Part 4 of 12

ProcessBlue2

My top choice behind Ben Johnson 

guy has done a great job scheming things up in Houston.

its been reported by many including people in Houston that if they had the opportunity at the time.  That Houston would’ve taken Bryce.  And there were article how Bryce was a perfect fit for that Shanahan style offense.

Plus it’s a bonus as an offensive HC candidate that he’s got a little taste of coaching on defense in his background.  Including coaching under Robert Saleh in SF.

• Pie 2

Given Houston was #2 and had to prepare for either Stroud or Young I find it hard to believe he didn't already have an offensive vision in mind for Young.  He can work in the run game to account for deficiencies in the pass game.  May not be as vertical as Houston's O but he has Noah Brown playing well... That speaks for itself.  Maybe a year or 2 away from being ready for a HC gig.  Debatable but would depend on who he brings in on his staff to help him along.  Get Adam Peters with him or even the KC GM and get him some guys in advisory roles that he's familiar with and let it rip if this is the choice.

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been doing my research on the potential candidates for head coach and I’m fully behind Bobby Slowik. Mike Shanahan was well known for his development of coaches to become head coaches one day and it shows - 4 coaches from his last staff in the NFL, the 2013 Redskins, are head coaches right now. 1 has a Super Bowl ring and I have a feeling his son is getting his very soon. 

Bobby would probably need an experienced defensive coordinator who might have been a head coach previously, but maybe not. Spending time with the Shanahan’s and showing you can design a successful offense in the NFL might be enough. Maybe Evero would stick around with his staff, who knows. Maybe Tabor stays on as special teams coordinator. Maybe the whole thing gets burned to the ground and Slowik builds his own staff. Either way, I’d be excited by this hire because there isn’t a better coaching tree in the NFL than Mike Shanahan’s. 

• Beer 1

Ben Johnson was my favorite ever since Rhule got fired but damn I'm coming around to Slowik. I'd be thrilled with either. Slowik working directly under Shanahan for 5+ years is some really awesome experience.