• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

You do know they had 20+ opt outs, right?

I'm talking about CFP teams- how the committee should have selected.

I also thought they should have gotten in but I have changed my opinion now.  

37 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

No disrespect meant to your Tide, but that was one of the weakest Alabama teams I've seen in a long time.  They got lucky against Auburn and Saban and Co. game planned well for the Georgia game.  As @kungfoodudesaid Georgia didn't have an elite QB (and yes Stetson Bennett was an elite college QB), and Bama took advantage of it and still only won by 3.

The Alabama brand and losses by Oregon and the whole FSU fiasco was what allowed them to slide in, but don't fool yourself...the elite Tide teams that we remember would have rolled Michigan today and you see what happened.  They play Georgia 5 times, Georgia beats them 4 outta 5. 

Saban and Co. better find some speed again because to me that's what they lacked at WR and in their secondary.

I totally understand what you are saying in regards to this Bama team not being anywhere near the Bama teams of the past decade-plus. However, they had one loss in the SEC and beat the team that has held the #1 ranking for the past two seasons. I think that places them directly in the conversation for the playoffs. 

On the other hand, I also feel FSU got robbed. If Travis were healthy, Bama would have been left out, and I would have been fine with that. 

Maybe Bama wasn’t the best option for a playoff spot, but they weren’t “undeserving” of that spot based on record, strength of schedule, conference title, and health of players. 

4 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

In this Top 4, head-to-head means absolutely nothing. If Georgia were better than Bama, they would have won the SECCG. 

It was a perfect storm (in a bad way) cuz Georgia was definitely one of the top 4 teams.  Couldn’t put Bama there without Texas getting in

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

I totally understand what you are saying in regards to this Bama team not being anywhere near the Bama teams of the past decade-plus. However, they had one loss in the SEC and beat the team that has held the #1 ranking for the past two seasons. I think that places them directly in the conversation for the playoffs. 

On the other hand, I also feel FSU got robbed. If Travis were healthy, Bama would have been left out, and I would have been fine with that. 

Maybe Bama wasn’t the best option for a playoff spot, but they weren’t “undeserving” of that spot based on record, strength of schedule, conference title, and health of players. 

I agree that Bama wasn't undeserving, I just think that Oregon and Georgia were better.  This all would be moot if they could have gone ahead and agreed to implement the 12 team playoff this year, but you know $ and wheeling and dealing comes before sanity.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I agree that Bama wasn't undeserving, I just think that Oregon and Georgia were better.  This all would be moot if they could have gone ahead and agreed to implement the 12 team playoff this year, but you know $ and wheeling and dealing comes before sanity.

Funny how things got so screwy right before expansion 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I also thought they should have gotten in but I have changed my opinion now.  

I don't think the curb stomping they took at the hands of a full Georgia team (no healthy players opting out) should detract from their season.  It was unfortunate that Travis got hurt and even their second string QB got concussed. 

They got snubbed and the players entering the draft or the portal decided it wasn't worth showing up.  Should they have, yeah I believe all these players on FULL RIDES to college should play, but again $$.