• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SAT Night Games?

Pantha-kun

10 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

It’s currently an impossible situation but I also think you throw money at Colbert.  Tepper has that relationship and the money, not much else right now.

He's been trying to wing it himself while asking for advice from his NFL contacts. It blows my mind how he seemingly is oblivious to the reality that his NFL contacts have zero incentive to helping him succeed. He needs to throw a fat ass check to one of them and tell him to build me a football organization that I can be proud of and then leave him the fug alone and give him a chance to do it without constantly looking over his shoulder and wanting weekly meetings. Just let them do their damn job.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen has just done too much of that poo this year. If he was a young guy still getting his legs under him in the NFL that's one thing but he's a 6th year starter at this point. He shouldn't be making so many of these WTF throws at this point in his career.

It makes you wonder if he’s reached his ceiling.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's been trying to wing it himself while asking for advice from his NFL contacts. It blows my mind how he seemingly is oblivious to the reality that his NFL contacts have zero incentive to helping him succeed. He needs to throw a fat ass check to one of them and tell him to build me a football organization that I can be proud of and then leave him the fug alone and give him a chance to do it without constantly looking over his shoulder and wanting weekly meetings. Just let them do their damn job.

I completely agree that Tepper’s only advantages right now are his checkbook and his (few) trusted NFL contacts.  

If you can throw money at the problem, hire a PROVEN TRUSTED EXPERT and stay away.  The Steelers front office seems to be just that.  

That’s what I’d do if I owned this NFL franchise and 21 billion dollars.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Allen has been overhyped since that shootout game with Mahomes. NFL tried to put him on the same level as Mahomes when he never was. Great talent, but I wouldn't bet on him winning a SB anytime soon. He's like Farve with his decision making. 

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Maybe. The guy has great talent. Closer to prime Cam physically than anyone I thought I'd see for a long time. But I don't know how you cut out the WTF throws and keep the magic. Mahomes is about the only guy who has figured out how to consistently roll the dice while keeping turnover fairly low and even he's starting to throw the picks this year.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I completely agree that Tepper’s only advantages right now are his checkbook and his (few) trusted NFL contacts.  

If you can throw money at the problem, hire a PROVEN TRUSTED EXPERT and stay away.  The Steelers front office seems to be just that.  

That’s what I’d do if I owned this NFL franchise and 21 billion dollars.

The best organization generally have the least involved ownership on the football side of the house. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe. The guy has great talent. Closer to prime Cam physically than anyone I thought I'd see for a long time. But I don't know how you cut out the WTF throws and keep the magic. Mahomes is about the only guy who has figured out how to consistently roll the dice while keeping turnover fairly low and even he's starting to throw the picks this year.

I would be interested in Allen’s play 3 years down the road when Dorsey (the guy who coached Cam) isn’t there.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The best organization generally have the least involved ownership on the football side of the house. 

I still find it comical that Jerry Jones is the:

Owner

General Manager

President of Football Operations

…of the Dallas Cowboys.  And then his three kids have multiple Executive positions with the team.  

Steven Jones is COO, Executive VP, and Director of Pro Personnel.

Huh?  How do they all have three positions?  His other two kids are VP’s with other executive titles as well.

Talk about meddling.  Let’s not do this. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I mean against the panthers…we play the NFC east next year and have Dallas at home and current we play 4th place AFC North in Charlotte.

WTF? This team can't even win 5 games and you're worried about this next year? The Bengals are a likable team too. fug the Steelers

• Pie 1