• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Never forget how Scott Two Chinn handled the Lamar Jackson opportunity

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

3 1sts, 3 2nds plus players was the rumored asking price before the tag. 

Lamar's fully guaranteed contract plus all those picks would have created the exact situation he had been complaining about in Baltimore. No talent around him and cap strapped with no picks for 3 years would have just recreated it. 

If we had been able to get LJ and surround him with talent, I'd have been all for it. But the way Baltimore played it, it was never going to happen for us or anyone else. 

He was winning 80% of his games with no talent around him.

He had Andrews at TE and that's it. In this division with DJ Moore we still win this division. Lamar is that special he doesn't need much around him to win.

You guys keep making excuses as to why we shouldn't have signed him. If we wanted a franchise changing QB we should have went all in on Lamar no matter the cost. This dude is simply a game changer.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He was winning 80% of his games with no talent around him.

He had Andrews at TE and that's it. In this division with DJ Moore we still win this division. Lamar is that special he doesn't need much around him to win.

You guys keep making excuses as to why we shouldn't have signed him. If we wanted a franchise changing QB we should have went all in on Lamar no matter the cost. This dude is simply a game changer.

You're making the assumption DJ wouldn't have been part of the trade. It was picks AND players. Part of the reason he was asking to leave Baltimore was the lack of talent on offense. I'm sure he would have come running with TMJ as his WR1. 

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You're making the assumption DJ wouldn't have been part of the trade. It was picks AND players. Part of the reason he was asking to leave Baltimore was the lack of talent on offense. I'm sure he would have come running with TMJ as his WR1. 

Why on earth would we trade for Lamar and also add DJ Moore.

Do you honestly think we would just trade everything for Lamar and leave him with nothing on offense?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why on earth would we trade for Lamar and also add DJ Moore.

Do you honestly think we would just trade everything for Lamar and leave him with nothing on offense?

Because the asking price was picks and players. I don't know if DJ would have been traded same as you don't know that he wouldn't have. They gave up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and DJ for an unproven QB. We just gutted our offense for our rookie savant QB. They could have easily paid more for a former NFL MVP. No way to know at this point. 

All I'm saying is LJ would have had to agree to come here and seeing how this team would have been completely gutted of its ability to improve offensively in the next 3 years, I can't see him agreeing to that. Might as well stay in Baltimore. 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/1/4/24024832/lamar-jackson-nfl-mvp-baltimore-ravens

Pretty good breakdown of the jackson story

I feel a touch better that we at least "thought" about doing it.  In the end it was straight collusion due to the repercussion of the watson deal

We never showed interest my guy. If it was collusion like we both believe that means none of the owners wanted to give him that Watson contract. Which is why no offers were made for Lamar Jackson.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam