• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 33

MGH1989

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Like I said, no, no, no.

All that trading down in an attempt to get more picks almost always fails miserably.

There is are two accepable scenarios to trade down:

1. Crazy haul(see what the Bears got from us)

2. You don’t really love many of the remaining guys on the board.

Outside that it is almost ALWAYS a mistake to trade down.

It’s the 2nd round not first. We would get a mid 2nd plus some. Look at the the Titans did last year pick 42 (so we drop 9 spots), pick 72, and next year’s 3rd for 33 and 81.  So drop back 9, move up 9 in the 3rd, and get a future 3rd in a year where we have no 2nd (2025). 

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/draft/titans-trade-up-to-select-qb-will-levis-to-kickoff-day-2-of-2023-nfl-draft

With the way the draft typically works you can get a great WR in the second, but gotta pick the correct one. I’m not sure this team has picked a truly great receiver in the second or third round since Smitty. Since we have picked guys like Kerry Colbert and Dwayne Jarrett.

Just now, MGH1989 said:

With the way the draft typically works you can get a great WR in the second, but gotta pick the correct one. I’m not sure this team has picked a truly great receiver in the second or third round since Smitty. Since we have picked guys like Kerry Colbert and Dwayne Jarrett.

Interior OL, TEs, and WRs can be great in the 2nd. We need the right GM though. 

2 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Suck it up with the Center.
Move Icky to LG and that is covered.
Draft LT 33.
Corbett and BC can compete for RG.
WR in FA.
WR in 3rd and 4th round.

Ben Johnson at HC

Throw a bag at Tee Higgins

I think you have to do some combo of online and receiver in the second and third.

Agree with Ickey at guard. Also gonna have to bring in viable alternatives to compete at guard and LT.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s the 2nd round not first. We would get a mid 2nd plus some. Look at the the Titans did last year pick 42 (so we drop 9 spots), pick 72, and next year’s 3rd for 33 and 81.  So drop back 9, move up 9 in the 3rd, and get a future 3rd in a year where we have no 2nd (2025). 

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/draft/titans-trade-up-to-select-qb-will-levis-to-kickoff-day-2-of-2023-nfl-draft

Well thank you for making my point for me. So you pass up on three solid starters(one young star) to move down to get a rotational pass rusher and special teams guy.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well thank you for making my point for me. So you pass up on three solid starters(one young star) to move down to get a rotational pass rusher and special teams guy.

3 solid starters? Every pick is better except 1. You can package your 3rds to get your 2nd back in 25. 

Too early to tell. Will Icky bump inside? Will we bring back Evero or will the new D coordinator swap back to the 4-3? Xavier Worthy or getting Sweat while trading down 4-5 picks if we keep a 3-4  would be my idle picks. Also if Luvu goes Trotter Jr becomes an option.  Also if a top corner is there both Horn and Jackson’s contracts you can walk away from at the end of 2024. We need so much help. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

3 solid starters? Every pick is better except 1. You can package your 3rds to get your 2nd back in 25. 

My point is in that draft they traded down past three solid starters(and one potential star) and picked up a rotational pass rusher.

So, again, its getting cute and almost always fails.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

My point is in that draft they traded down past three solid starters(and one potential star) and picked up a rotational pass rusher.

So, again, its getting cute and almost always fails.

You can play that game all day. Plenty of talented players went AFTER their pick as well. How about Tank Dell?