• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

1 minute ago, recceice said:

Stop wasting your time I cut your dumb poo off after “Sacks are not on the Oline” Statement.. You can keep wasting post but I’m just shitting on you and not reading anything you say at this point..

What's the matter, short pants? Are you tired? I can do this all day and all night. Every post you write, I will rely. Let's go! 

22 minutes ago, Martin said:

Question for those who believe in Bryce (and good for you to stay positive, I just can’t): Is your hope based on anything you saw Bryce do this season or solely based on kind of blind hope that he will be good with the right support?

I believe he showed flashes. I understand the NFL is about consistency and ultimately flashes don’t mean anything, but it certainly gives me hope.

I would ask do you really think we got a fair assessment of what Bryce can be given his support/coaches/FO/ownership. I think that answer is unequivocally no.

So it’s not so much believing Bryce will be a franchise QB, I don’t know, I just know he hasn’t been given the best opportunity to do that. Therefore, it’s an incomplete assessment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, BenjaminBreeg said:

What's the matter, short pants? Are you tired? I can do this all day and all night. Every post you write, I will rely. Let's go! 

Dude with the days of the week written on his underwear says what??

I was never a BY believer but even after this year I hope the kid does something. I won't consider him a bust after this year alone. Horrible talent around him, almost no running game, guard play and horrible blind side blocking. They need to draft like 3 OL and pickup a legit WR & RB in FA or vice versa.

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

I believe he showed flashes. I understand the NFL is about consistency and ultimately flashes don’t mean anything, but it certainly gives me hope.

I would ask do you really think we got a fair assessment of what Bryce can be given his support/coaches/FO/ownership. I think that answer is unequivocally no.

So it’s not so much believing Bryce will be a franchise QB, I don’t know, I just know he hasn’t been given the best opportunity to do that. Therefore, it’s an incomplete assessment.

I agree.. I don’t believe he is a guy who can carry a team and he given me more questions then I had from the draft analysis.. But I would like to seem him in a more stable situation..

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I guess I have to repeat myself, but here it goes...

Stop blaming the O-line for Young's inability to make timely decisions and to navigate the pocket effectively to get away from pressure. 

You rarely ever see Bryce do a standard 3-, 5-, or 7-step drop. Instead, he just saunters backward like a tranquilized raccoon and then does his signature midget-hop like he's twitching on some designer drug. Just how TF are the linemen (especially the interior) supposed to block for him when he rarely gives them enough depth to work with?

Bryce also holds onto the ball forever, because his little mouse brain overheats as soon as the reads get just a little tough, so much so that he has no spare mental capacity for basic pocket awareness and navigation, such as climbing the pocket or stepping away from the pressure. He just pogo hops or stands on the same spot like a carboard standie and eats sacks. Even when he tries to get away from pressure, which he almost always does when it's already too freaking late, he doesn't have the speed to outrun defenders, and because he's so tiny, one hand on his shoulder pad is enough to make him eat turf.

The fact is that our O-line gives Bryce plenty of time to make throws. Plenty of time. It's his fault that his fundamentals are so atrocious and his processing so slow that he can't hit open receivers on time or make bare minimum NFL-level throws accurately and consistently or avoid sacks to extend plays. 

681172919_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-23-002023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.78cceaf67-6429f097e10c284c.thumb.png.75498673870cf83fbdfb0e66dcbe6b38.png.c4bf7715902fb7431aeeb2a340abf96b.png

1181778756_Screenshot2024-01-03at14-04-322023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.thumb.png.fd56595464c048ecd185aa604ab59b2e.png.03eb2b691e33822f0e6a7e13b6430037.png1826086829_Screenshot2023-12-31at17-20-492023NFLAdvancedStatsPro-Football-Reference_com.png.ddc63b26-b10f956a84d703a5.thumb.png.5459cdc575be2d819261b2dd8c83bf34.png.296c520bc832c42d2e04ba5cf3cfed73.png

image.thumb.png.f8034dc2b9c5be979c53884a8645261e.png.de0795ae7683b1eae89f9e802494b9be.png

Get this through to your head: sacks are more of a QB statistic, which is why they are listed on a QB's stat sheet. The majority of sacks are due to Bryce's fault. Why? Because he almost always had enough time in the pocket to either throw to a receiver or simply scramble and throw the ball away. QBs are drilled over and over and over again on the importance of avoiding sacks, because sacks are the worst outcome save for interceptions or pick sixes. This is QB 101 stuff but apparently too difficult to grasp for our super S2-processor. Don't just stand there like a deer in headlights or a special needs boi who just got off the short bus on the wrong stop. Throw the damn ball away, FFS! 

Face it, we bet the farm on a QB who can't even perform simple 3-, 5-, and 7-step drops (or 3- and 5-step drops from the shotgun), which is something even a decent Pop Warner QB can perform on a consistent basis. 

I wish you were not right but you are 

every single week, I want Bryce to show me anything but you can’t show what you haven’t got…an nfl arm, legs, reaction time.   

I’m very concerned what Tepper will do to ‘try and make it work’

sad times for the Panther faithful 

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

I wish you were not right but you are 

every single week, I want Bryce to show me anything but you can’t show what you haven’t got…an nfl arm, legs, reaction time.   

I’m very concerned what Tepper will do to ‘try and make it work’

sad times for the Panther faithful 

Tepper can probably make this work... by buying an Arenal Football team and install Bryce as the starter. While he's at it, sell the Panthers.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

If Bryce had been playing this way in a vacuum then sure, it'd be smart to give up on him.

But he wasn't. There was no running game for the first 12 games. There were no real receivers out there except for Thielen that had any idea of how to get open or to find creases/seams in a defense. Our O-line was legendarily bad. 

Our Tight Ends room was forced to use Ian Thomas as its featured player... Ian frikkin' Thomas. 

Our coach was rightly fired, our OC was so epically unprepared that he would have been the 12th worst OC in the Canadian Football League (and they only have 9 teams!). 

We aren't going to be in the running to draft one of the big name QBs coming out, but we might be able to get a decent guard or tackle at 33. So why ditch the guy now, when he isn't going to cost us much money AND if he sucks then we will get a high draft pick again before we rightfully jettison him. Or we can drop $9 million on a retread like Garropolo or Keenum once we're left with the floor sweepings of free agency. And then pick 8th or 9th while sitting through another useless season.

Give Bryce the reins for 2024 and tell him he can keep them for as long as he can hold them and move the team forward. Maybe the next coach can find in him something. He certainly didn't get what he needed, no matter his own short comings. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

Also for people saying sacks aren't O-Line? Have you seen our O-Line in obvious passing downs? It's a joke. 

Part of this is also due to Bryce Young himself. When these defenses watch the tape they see our OL but they also see Bryce Young's yards per pass attempt. He finished the season with apparently the lowest yards per pass attempt in NFL history. That doesn't just happen only because of the oline and receivers. He simply does not instill any level of fear as a passer. That's the rub. Sad as it is to say.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Our receivers are almost always waiting for balls to arrive. They drift and float. Bryce just has terrible footwork and can't deliver a good ball to let a receiver make plays with it most of the time.

So true, and it's super frustrating. He floats balls way too much (which may be because of his arm, misjudging the speed of the game, or maybe an inability to see the field completely) and he does it on a regular basis. That's not going to fly in the NFL. It will ultimately lead to easy turnovers.

• Pie 4