• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

who played their last game for the panthers today?

Just now, recceice said:

With this roster yes it would be..

This roster isn't as bad as some posters think.  Middle of the road OL, even with bad QB play (makes a huge difference), low end receivers but with a couple bright spots, and a good defense. 

I don't think it can be overstated how such atrocious QB play ruins an offense. Bryce is just so bad... 

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

This roster isn't as bad as some posters think.  Middle of the road OL, even with bad QB play (makes a huge difference), low end receivers but with a couple bright spots, and a good defense. 

I don't think it can be overstated how such atrocious QB play ruins an offense. Bryce is just so bad... 

Exactly. It’s certainly not a great roster but this o-line played well enough last year to have most people thinking it wasn’t a weakness coming into the season. Some of that was playcalling and some of it was not having a 5’5” QB taking the snaps. 

• Pie 1

Everyone should be  expendable on this roster. As good as Brown is this team needs more money for a complete roster overhaul than giving him a massive deal. This team is expansion level bad. Sadly it's 2 biggest glaring needs are a Left Tackle and at the qb position after addressing them with first rd picks the last 2 years. This upcoming draft nothing will will be able to get addressed at the premium positions like it should. Therefore drafting a premium linebacker or interior offensive lineman should be a priority in the 2nd rd. This team is beyond terrible so the next couple years should be about cheap contracts and draft picks going forward. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, recceice said:

In a thread talking about how bad this team was.. We got ppl thinking 1 player would have fixed it.. lol

And the fact that ppl think Andy Dalton is a Cam type player is a even bigger joke..Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

We don't need a Cam when our D is playing lights out. We need a QB like Dalton a game manager who can throw TD passes. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mav1234 said:

We're in the mix for the division with Dalton...

Watching the falc saints and bucs play this year i would go as far as to say we win the division hands down.  And reich is candidate for coach of the year

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Agree completly.  A decent qb and the games play out totally different.  We have all played football at some level when the qb is this terrible it effects everyone even the coaches realize it with the play calling run run run run desperation play have bryce pass and hold your breath and pray for a miracle

• Pie 1

Just now, fanpanther said:

Watching the falc saints and bucs play this year i would go as far as to say we win the division hands down.  And reich is candidate for coach of the year

The offense played so much better after Frank got fired the Huddle said. 

Two shutouts later.....Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

7 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

We don't need a Cam when our D is playing lights out. We need a QB like Dalton a game manager who can throw TD passes. 

We also need WR’s who can consistently make plays. And a Oline that can consistently block and protect the QB.. Also better play calling.. 3 things we didn’t have all year..

3 minutes ago, recceice said:

We also need WR’s who can consistently make plays. And a Oline that can consistently block and protect the QB.. Also better play calling.. 3 things we didn’t have all year..

And that's likely all due to the glaring deficiencies and limitations of Bryce. He is the albatross around this team's neck.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dude, no. Just no. It was against an awful defense plagued by injuries and one of the TDs was a busted coverage that even Chark didn't fumble. Bro put up 6 YPA, that's not a great working offense.

Remember the Packers game? That can make a difference.

Young set an nfl record on the season for lowest ypa ever.....Dalton averaged right below 7 which is in top 10 of nfl qbs 

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Agree to disagree.. I thought the roster was better but I can admit I was wrong..  Or for this season I was definitely wrong.. Now we had injuries and new coaching and schemes could have been a issue.. But reality is some players didn’t step up some regressed and  the coaching was terrible on offense..