• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Love the guy, one of my favorite panthers of all time, but we need to start fresh 

Totally agree.

I think the mixed feelings on the Huddle is that a) he's a great Panther and b) concern that he's Brandon Beane.

Point A is nice sentimentality but no reason to influence a choice. Point B is understandable but nothing we should worry about. Worrying about losing Dan b/c he might be Beane is like not wanting to move on from Bryce b/c he might become Brees elsewhere...it shouldn't factor into the decision even though it could be true.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Of course Tepper would take 1 step forward and 15 steps back. 
Might as well have not gotten rid of Fitt if he just wanted to hire from within. 

It’s not final, and many on here say that radio station isn’t reliable, I think it was WFNZ or some poo? I dunno I don’t live there.

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

It’s not final, and many on here say that radio station isn’t reliable, I think it was WFNZ or some poo? I dunno I don’t live there.

It’s definitely a possibility, he is very well liked. My understanding is they are done with initial GM interviews and are starting final interviews today or tomorrow. 

This candidate pool was very diverse. There are a few that could be Head of Operations types, some that could be GMs, and some that could probably take a “promotion” by filling the assistant GM role. 

You also have to remember the Morgan info could be leaked intentionally to cause misdirection among the other teams. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

It’s definitely a possibility, he is very well liked. My understanding is they are done with initial GM interviews and are starting final interviews today or tomorrow. 

This candidate pool was very diverse. There are a few that could be Head of Operations types, some that could be GMs, and some that could probably take a “promotion” by filling the assistant GM role. 

You also have to remember the Morgan info could be leaked intentionally to cause misdirection among the other teams. 

Gotcha thanks. What are you hearing about the head coach? 

31 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Gotcha thanks. What are you hearing about the head coach? 

crickets GIF

Pretty quiet. 

Also, I’m only speculating that it’s moving into Phase II because all of the Phase I guys have been interviewed or scheduled. I am really only hearing distant inaudible echos this time around. 

Edited by Leaky_Faucet
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

crickets GIF

Pretty quiet. 

Also, I’m only speculating that it’s moving into Phase II because all of the Phase I guys have been interviewed or scheduled. I am really only hearing distant inaudible echos this time around. 

Ok thanks. So probably no chance of Harbaugh, Vrabel or Bill?

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Vrabel does not belong with those names.

Cmon Lobo you know better!

Nah he’s a good coach. Not on par with those two, but better than most options we’ve interviewed. 

all I hear about is how Tepper wants to win and all this bs. Yet no word on wanting to interview three really good coaches. If they say no, that’s fine, but it should be reported that they did. If Tepper isn’t even trying for those guys, then he isn’t serious about winning and all that talk is just more bs from and the talking heads. 

Edited by The Lobo

11 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Nah he’s a good coach. Not on par with those two, but better than most options we’ve interviewed. 

all I hear about is how Tepper wants to win and all this bs. Yet no word on wanting to interview three really good coaches. If they say no, that’s fine, but it should be reported that they did. If Tepper isn’t even trying for those guys, then he isn’t serious about winning and all that talk is just more bs from and the talking heads. 

There was speculation that the coaches we interviewed were the ones interested.

i.e. they back channelled everyone and didn't extend an interview invite out to those who weren't interested to save public embarrassment.

No way Harbaugh or Belichick want this job.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Had four winning seasons in a row, which is something our team has never done. 

Well he sure has fell off.

Hope he finds a job somewhere other than here. If we want Vrabel we might as well get the best version of him in BB.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty clear Brian Johnson is getting head coaching interviews because of the Rooney Rule.

When all is said and done though, it's unlikely his current employer keeps him.

Precisely why I referred to the article insinuating Halaby was the favorite and he was going to bring Johnson along ostensibly just because they work in the same building was lazy reporting and very misleading.