• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now What Is Next?

NJPanthers12

After todays monumental mess up by the Panther's front office, it is time to look at what is next. With Peppers contract coming off the books and most likely declining the option on Kemo, we should be a player in free agency. I believe the first thing we need to do is bring back Davis, that should be priority number one. I beleive we need to cut ties with aging veterans such as Moose and Vincent, and let younger player step up and fill their positions. We need to allow Jarrett to take over for Moose, and have Duke Robinson replace Vincent. We will never know what we have unless we throw them out into the fire to prove themselves.

Now with Jarrett taking over at the number 2 WR, we should go hard after Steve Breaston who would be perefect as a slot reciever. After those moves I would feel really comfortable with our offense.

Moore-Williams-Stewart-Hoover-Smith-Jarrett-Breaston-King/Rosario/Barnidge-Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Robinson-Otah

We have a nice young nucleus of Moore, Williams, and Stewart. We bring in that WR faster then Smith in Breaston, and have a top 3 young O-Line in the league.

Next with the defense, I am very concerned how they are going to perform without Peppers. I just do not see Vanden Bosch or Kampman being that much of an improvement over Johnson or Brown. I think we should bring back Brayton, and hope a rotation of Brayton, Johnson, and Brown can work out. At DT, I am a huge fan of Louis Leonard and want to see him start. I also really like how Lewis stepped up and became a leader this year, and would not mind keeping him on for another year.

A line of Brayton-Lewis-Leonard-Brown/Johnson can hopefully be servicable and just have to come to accept the Dline can no longer be the strength of this defense.

I am also fine with Davis-Beason-Diggs-Gamble-Harris-Godfrey-Marshall and beleive we can find way to create pressure with our linebackers. All in all I do have faith in the PLAYERS on this team, and hope our front office can wake up and make the right moves.

After todays monumental mess up by the Panther's front office, it is time to look at what is next. With Peppers contract coming off the books and most likely declining the option on Kemo, we should be a player in free agency. I believe the first thing we need to do is bring back Davis, that should be priority number one. I beleive we need to cut ties with aging veterans such as Moose and Vincent, and let younger player step up and fill their positions. We need to allow Jarrett to take over for Moose, and have Duke Robinson replace Vincent. We will never know what we have unless we throw them out into the fire to prove themselves.

Now with Jarrett taking over at the number 2 WR, we should go hard after Steve Breaston who would be perefect as a slot reciever. After those moves I would feel really comfortable with our offense.

Moore-Williams-Stewart-Hoover-Smith-Jarrett-Breaston-King/Rosario/Barnidge-Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Robinson-Otah

We have a nice young nucleus of Moore, Williams, and Stewart. We bring in that WR faster then Smith in Breaston, and have a top 3 young O-Line in the league.

Next with the defense, I am very concerned how they are going to perform without Peppers. I just do not see Vanden Bosch or Kampman being that much of an improvement over Johnson or Brown. I think we should bring back Brayton, and hope a rotation of Brayton, Johnson, and Brown can work out. At DT, I am a huge fan of Louis Leonard and want to see him start. I also really like how Lewis stepped up and became a leader this year, and would not mind keeping him on for another year.

A line of Brayton-Lewis-Leonard-Brown/Johnson can hopefully be servicable and just have to come to accept the Dline can no longer be the strength of this defense.

I am also fine with Davis-Beason-Diggs-Gamble-Harris-Godfrey-Marshall and beleive we can find way to create pressure with our linebackers. All in all I do have faith in the PLAYERS on this team, and hope our front office can wake up and make the right moves.

1. Moose and Vincent aren't going anywhere this year.

2. You think Dwayne Jarrett would be the #2 WR if Steve Breaston was on the roster? Wtf?

More like without a floor on the cap this year Richardson is going to spend 30 million less and put it in his pocket in anticipation of a contracted labor dispute next year.

Watch a lot of teams spend much less this year as teams pull back from the all out spending. Other teams will continue on like Dallas and Washington but lets count how many Superbowls either team has been in under their current ownership in the past decade. Yeah that would be 0.

Building through the draft trumps buying big free agents all the time. Look at Washington last year. Haynesworth was another guy Snyder paid for a ton for and like usual he underperformed.

I could be wrong but I think we won't make a big splash in free agency this year.

Seriously? Can we stop blaming Hurney for this? I swear some of you act all high and mighty and think you are so much better then anybody in our Front Office.

Like I said when this first broke out...I knew people were going to blame Hurney up and down when this was mostly on Peppers.

First off there is no one to blame other then Hurney for this. If you really want to get into it the person who should be blamed is Jerry Richardson for letting it get this far.

Second Breaston would be the perfect slot receiver. Dwayne Jarrett impressed me in the very limited action he got. He is a big physical WR who can block on the outside, just like Moose did. Breaston would be the perfect slot receiver to line up inside and create mismatches.

First off there is no one to blame other then Hurney for this. If you really want to get into it the person who should be blamed is Jerry Richardson for letting it get this far.

Second Breaston would be the perfect slot receiver. Dwayne Jarrett impressed me in the very limited action he got. He is a big physical WR who can block on the outside, just like Moose did. Breaston would be the perfect slot receiver to line up inside and create mismatches.

jarrett is not physical at all, that's just not true in any way. Also nobody will be able to block like moose unless we sign hines ward.

So it's Hurneys fault that Peppers wouldn't sign a contract to be the highest paid defensive player in the league? The Panthers tried to get him signed for two years. PEPPERS DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!!!!!

Knuckleheads.

I am not asking Jarrett to block like Moose, but I really did like what I saw out of Jarrett in limited playing time. Im hoping with a new younger WR coach, he can relate to him and get him to reach his potential. I would be very confident with a WR corp of Smith-Jarrett-Breaston-Moore teaming up with King-Rosario-Barnidge.

So it's Hurneys fault that Peppers wouldn't sign a contract to be the highest paid defensive player in the league? The Panthers tried to get him signed for two years. PEPPERS DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!!!!!!!

Knuckleheads.

Knucklehead I don't think Pep wanted to be here after that sick Arizona game where Jake threw I don't know how many INT's. I think once Matt Moore stated he was excited but it was stated that the FO didn't offer him anything during this offseason!!

So you wanted the panthers to place to tag on Peppers??

People arent saying that Jarrett cant be moose's replacement, it just the fact that Breaston would be the number 3 guy. Panthers base formation is not a three WR set, so shouldnt the second best WR (Breaston) be on the field with Smith?

Knucklehead I don't think Pep wanted to be here after that sick Arizona game where Jake threw I don't know how many INT's. I think once Matt Moore stated he was excited but it was stated that the FO didn't offer him anything during this offseason!!

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Archived