• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Canales for HC!

philw5289

Can anyone explain to me why Canales isn't part of the Seahawks coaching search? They should have pretty intimate knowledge of him. Them not bringing him in for at least a Zoom call is a bit of a red flag for me. 

Edited by Evil Hurney

19 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

Can anyone explain to me why Canales isn't part of the Seahawks coaching search? They should have pretty intimate knowledge of him. Them not bringing him in for at least a Zoom call is a bit of a red flag for me. 

He was Petes guy, maybe theres some ill will there with how it shook out with Carroll? They could have requested and he declined.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

He was Petes guy, maybe theres some ill will there with how it shook out with Carroll? They could have requested and he declined.

Yet so is Dan Quinn.  Who they’ve been diving deep into.

i have many been high on Canales at all.  He has been a predictable play caller for the most part.  It’s been pointed out he has used less motion (which is a big part of modern offenses) than even Frank Reich.  He had 2 top 15 WRs and one of the better LT’s in the entire NFL this year which helped.  

Also it is a huge red flag that the team where he was an assistant with for 12 years. And the guy everyone’s credit and points to for Canales in Geno Smith, is their current Franchise QB

Why aren’t they even reaching out, considering, heck not even a rd 1 phone interview.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Here's what I'll say, he's interesting.

Here's a video where he's talking and explaining things in an interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xysOtBj-ao8&t=274s&pp=ygUMZGF2ZSBjYW5hbGVz

I'd absolutely interview him.  I do like a LOT of what he says, and his results over the years.  I also think @ncfan makes a great point above.

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Also it is a huge red flag that the team where he was an assistant with for 12 years. And the guy everyone’s credit and points to for Canales in Geno Smith, is their current Franchise QB

Canales says the right things, and he's produced as a coach, but is he HC material or just good OC material?

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

i have many been high on Canales at all.  He has been a predictable play caller for the most part.  It’s been pointed out he has used less motion (which is a big part of modern offenses) than even Frank Reich.  He had 2 top 15 WRs and one of the better LT’s in the entire NFL this year which helped.  

Why aren’t they even reaching out, considering, heck not even a rd 1 phone interview.

Not sure if you've seen this since the news, but the Bucs have a documentary about Dave from last year. First thing he says-- passed up 2x for OC spot in Seattle and it made him mad. Probably why nothing was happening there. Link to the documentary: 

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

I was just speculating. I dont know poo haha. Im not even sure Im on board with Canales. Being friends with Dan Morgan makes me somewhat hesitant...it can create a bias and maybe cloud judgement. Let's just hope he can recreate those offensive #s if he's the guy.