• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randy Mueller ranks the GM openings

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Three guesses where we land 😕

The in-vogue thing is to sh!t on the Panthers for some easy laughs so obviously at the bottom.

The GM search is a whole different animal than the HC search. The idea that Tepper is firing GMs left and right is laughable. Fitterer was literally the first GM he hired, and he gave him 3 years and 2 coaches; he even waited until the end of the season to quietly let him go.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I don’t agree with the other rankings though lol

Agreed. The writer essentially presents this as a ranking of ownership:

My criteria might look something like this:

Ownership
Ownership
Ownership

but then proceeds to put Mark Davis and Dean Spanos above Robert Kraft.

An AI could have written a more well thought out article IMO.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

The in-vogue thing is to sh!t on the Panthers for some easy laughs so obviously at the bottom.

Is what he says about Tepper wrong, though?

Also don't know that I'd characterize what happened with Rhule and Reich as "giving him two coaches".

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most rankings I've seen have the Commanders as the top available job 

Bingo, so much of a clean slate with #2 pick, money, and new (granted unknown) ownership.

Spanos is a cheap dude and the Chargers are in cap HELL with aging roster so you have a lot more work cut out than you think 

I’d say

Wash, NE, LV, LA, and Us is my order in appealing-ness 

Edited by Panthercougar68

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Bingo, so much of a clean slate with #2 pick, money, and new (granted unknown) ownership.

Spanos is a cheap dude and the Chargers are in cap HELL with aging roster so you have a lot more work cut out than you think 

I’d say

Wash, NE, LV, LA, and Us is my order in appealing-ness 

Is flip-flop the Chargers and Raiders.

New England I'm iffy on because you have to follow in the footsteps of Belichick and would have no say in the head coach since he's already hired.

Also worth noting we're the only job in the group without a high (or any) first round pick.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’d

Yea...Chargers are 45m over the cap with another 25m in dead money...they are playing their top 6 salaries 180m... what kind of talent are they going to be able to sign... they have a QB and a high first round pick....only plus they have but a lot more than we have.

• Pie 1

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes and how the blame should be distributed but we are clearly the worst opening available.

• Worst record in the league last year
  • No first round pick
  • Heavy investment into a QB you or the incoming coach didn't choose.
  • Tied with Jets for worst record since Tepper took over in 2018.
  • Have regressed in terms of talent and assets each year.

There is no real silver lining to taking a job here if you are an up and comer.  Maybe if you are someone who's been around a long time and just wanting to capitalize on one final contract this might be ideal, otherwise not a whole lot to like about working here right now.

• Beer 1