• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretty confident its gonna be Dan Morgan GM

Frank9999

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I will say this. I've read (and heard on video) that there may be some growing steam for a Co-GM model with Morgan as one of the GMs. 

The problem for me is that it sounds eerily akin to the bullshit model we already had, just with different wrapping---different "convolutedness" if you will. Who is going to be the tiebreaker? We all know the answer.

If this happens, Tepper is so full of bullshit.

Its frustrating that tepper is going against the grain again in building this front office/team.  Its a tried and true method of picking the gm and then getting a coach that is on the same page.  It works.  Numerous examples around the league.  Could what he is doing work, sure but I would think the risk his higher doing what he is doing

17 minutes ago, Turtle said:

This was my impression as well.

The mob is ever fickle. Especially when the individuals don't have control, have been traumatized & are fearful.

The mob is ever fickle?  Have you lost your goddamn mind.   We have the worst roster in the league, we just had a historically bad season, we gave the #1 overall pick up for an outlier of all outliers and Morgan was a part of all that.  Dont try and poo on the folks that want to completely clean house.  I mean for fugs sake this roster has deteriorated since morgan has come on board.  Is it all his fault, of course not but lets not act like he was some innocent bystander not contributing to this circus

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The mob is ever fickle?  Have you lost your goddamn mind.   We have the worst roster in the league, we just had a historically bad season, we gave the #1 overall pick up for an outlier of all outliers and Morgan was a part of all that.  Dont try and poo on the folks that want to completely clean house.  I mean for fugs sake this roster has deteriorated since morgan has come on board.  Is it all his fault, of course not but lets not act like he was some innocent bystander not contributing to this circus

I don't believe Morgan, or any of the other members of staff with playing experience, wanted anything to do with bryce. 

I refuse to believe someone who played defense in the NFL at a high lvl looked at Bryce and didn't think "lol. lmao"

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

After I read the first 2 pages, I'm convinced that most fans don't even know one of the best MLB this franchise has been blessed with. 

Is it just Tepper hate that has so many just throwing poo like monkeys?

And what does that have to do with being our GM now? If you glance at the topic above it says Morgan could be our next GM not who are our best MLBs in franchise history.

Here’s what we actually know that matters. Morgan has been Fitterer’s assistant GM since 2021. He was hired after the 2021 draft, but he’s been here since right after the draft which means he helped oversee the worst back to back drafts we’ve ever had and assisted in multiple worst moves this team has ever made as well.

His record as assistant GM is horrific even if we don’t know exactly what he’s been involved with and that is far more important to deciding if he should be GM rather than his playing career.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

And what does that have to do with being our GM now? If you glance at the topic above it says Morgan could be our next GM not who are our best MLBs in franchise history.

Luke Kuechly for President of Pro Personnel

Shaq Thompson for Assistant GM

Dan Morgan for GM

Thomas Davis for HC

Let’s start the LB / Front office trend…

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I don't believe Morgan, or any of the other members of staff with playing experience, wanted anything to do with bryce. 

I refuse to believe someone who played defense in the NFL at a high lvl looked at Bryce and didn't think "lol. lmao"

Then all the members of our staff with NFL experience are a bunch of sackless wonders. You can try and pin the blame on one guy but let’s be real here. It would be sad to think that Tepper and Fitterer decided the pick when all the coaches and assistant GM wanted Stroud.

Sorry, I don’t believe this single point of failure because that means that all these ex-NFLers didn’t have the cahones to speak up and if they didn’t then they should be gone.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Then all the members of our staff with NFL experience are a bunch of sackless wonders. You can try and pin the blame on one guy but let’s be real here. It would be sad to think that Tepper and Fitterer decided the pick when all the coaches and assistant GM wanted Stroud.

Sorry, I don’t believe this single point of failure because that means that all these ex-NFLers didn’t have the cahones to speak up and if they didn’t then they should be gone.

Literally all of us have been in a situation where we don't speak up about something when we know we're right because an idiot boss thinks it's a good idea and it's easier to just go along with what they want to do and hope it works out than slam our head against the wall. That is a universal shared human experience and I don't understand why people are so resistant to the idea in this situation. Just because the stakes are higher for an NFL team doesn't make the office politics just like some bloated corporation rolling out a new product that literally EVERYONE knows is going to flop but some dipshit middle manager is obsessed with.

Second point might be fair, but there's something to be said about internal continuity and bringing up someone that has the respect of the building. NFL teams are complicated things. 

Another more likely explanation is the old Upton Sinclair quote "It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his paycheck depends on him not understanding it." 

28 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Dan Morgan is essentially our head scout, and we’ve drafted Bryce, Mingo, DJ Johnson, Matt Corral, Ekwonu the past two years.  

That’s GM worthy?

He isn’t our head college scout at all lol.  Scott’s team of Cole Spencer and Jared Kirksey are in charge in that department. We’ve drafted the same type of players since before and after Morgan came on board. Dan Morgan is head of the pro scouting. (Another story thanks to reluctance to retain the players that make sense)

6 minutes ago, Steelo said:

He isn’t our head college scout at all lol.  Scott’s team of Cole Spencer and Jared Kirksey are in charge in that department. We’ve drafted the same type of players since before and after Morgan came on board. Dan Morgan is head of the pro scouting. (Another story thanks to reluctance to retain the players that make sense)

I’ll take your word for it.  So then who did he scout, Miles Sanders and DJ Chark?

Why would the Panthers want Dan Morgan to be the general manager is baffling to me. He was a decent linebacker, but he was part of the front office that helped build the Panthers at an all time LOW. Any intelligent person wouldn’t want nobody that was associated with this horrible franchise. Go get an assistant  GM from a winning franchise.

57 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Here’s what we actually know that matters. Morgan has been Fitterer’s assistant GM since 2021. He was hired after the 2021 draft, but he’s been here since right after the draft which means he helped oversee the worst back to back drafts we’ve ever had and assisted in multiple worst moves this team has ever made as well.

His record as assistant GM is horrific even if we don’t know exactly what he’s been involved with and that is far more important to deciding if he should be GM rather than his playing career.

Dan Morgan's experience in front offices go back before his current tenure here.  His work in these capacities is highly respected throughout the league. My comment about his as a player was more to the fact that he isn't a yes man. Seems many couldn't figure out that extremely difficult reading.b

• Poo 1