• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Wild 5pm

KingKucci

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

First goal was a tip from 6 feet away. Second goal was a perfect screen. Third goal was on Raanta. You are conflating good skater play with bad goalie play through the first 30 minutes. Last two goals were squarely on Rod. 

Of course the last two were but the first three were all on raanta.  I know becasue they happened right  in front of me. I’ll give him 1 but 3 on 18 shots should get you fired. 

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Of course the last two were but the first three were all on raanta.  I know becasue they happened right  in front of me. I’ll give him 1 but 3 on 18 shots should get you fired. 

You are conflating things. 

24 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It was an early pull but raanta in the third had a .600 save %. 3 goals on 18 shots. This board has got to stop making excuses for raanta. He is done.  

I call them like I see them, so do others, that’s not making excuses. You see every goal as the goalies fault then fine but some of us don’t agree. We each have our opinions.

Just now, DavidEng said:

I call them like I see them, so do others, that’s not making excuses. You see every goal as the goalies fault then fine but some of us don’t agree. We each have our opinions.

No prob!  But do you see a .600 save % as good?  That’s get you retire early bad. Canes did everything well this game but stop pucks. Give credit to the wild goalie. They guy was a baller tonight. Our guy was not. 

I'm just pissed off. The Rags lost last night and Philly lost today. Canes had a golden opportunity to make up ground going against a sub-.500 team and a .500 goalie in net. 

No reason to expect anything but a solid win. But no.

Canes will get rung up Wednesday night in Boston even if Kochetkov is in net. He's been down for 2 weeks and will not be at 100%.

12 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm just pissed off. The Rags lost last night and Philly lost today. Canes had a golden opportunity to make up ground going against a sub-.500 team and a .500 goalie in net. 

No reason to expect anything but a solid win. But no.

Canes will get rung up Wednesday night in Boston even if Kochetkov is in net. He's been down for 2 weeks and will not be at 100%.

Good news is the ducks are beating the rangers 2-0 and islanders losing 2-1.  

I don’t feel as bad but raanta in net is a colossal liability.  With Koochie, we proved we can beat the best. I don’t hear kooooooooochie chants with raanta in net. Not because he isn’t there, because the canes play a very conservative game to limit the shots on goal.   Something the average fan won’t see is the game starts and ends with goalie play. Rod won’t open it up because has goalie play. Thin the islanders a few years ago. They just muddy up the middle.  Our goalie play, is and will be the reason we win the cup or not. I pray Koochie stays healthy. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

No prob!  But do you see a .600 save % as good?  That’s get you retire early bad. Canes did everything well this game but stop pucks. Give credit to the wild goalie. They guy was a baller tonight. Our guy was not. 

I think you can’t win close games with Raanta in net. But you can’t expect to win games with most goalies when you only score 2 goals unless

1. you get lucky and

2. you have a top goalie in net.  We’re gonna lose some games even with Pyotr if we only score 2. Goal scorers gonna have to score.

Edited by DavidEng

16 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I think you can’t win close games with Raanta in net. But you can’t expect to win games with most goalies when you only score 2 goals unless

1. you get lucky and

2. you have a top goalie in net.  We’re gonna lose some games even with Pyotr if we only score 2. Goal scorers gonna have to score.

Yep. But great goalie play allows a team to open it up 200 feet. It’s no coincidence the canes scored at will with Koochie playing .950 hockey over that span. They canes under raanta can’t. As a Hockey person, they have to get goalie play. It’s why they started slow then found their grove and have seem to lost it over these past week. goalie allows you to do everything. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, DavidEng said:

What? lol

Just before puck drop, my wife goes up to get us a couple beers and one of the Canes flag wavers, a young lady named Sydney, approached her and asked if we would like to ride the zambonis at the end of the 1st period.

So, there's a lot more to it. She picked out my wife because she has one of these sewn on her Canes black sweater:

image.png.c0fdfd4100c9335ed7a689f2f7a40a09.png

Turns out, Sydney is a med student at Duke and is aspiring to be a surgical oncologist. As we were waiting for the period to end, during their conversation, her mentor at Duke Hospital is the same oncologist who treated my wife's father before he passed.

Anyway, we both climbed aboard and rode the zambonis for the entire 5-10 minutes that takes. But the behind the scenes look at what goes on down underneath all the seats was fascinating.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just before puck drop, my wife goes up to get us a couple beers and one of the Canes flag wavers, a young lady named Sydney, approached her and asked if we would like to ride the zambonis at the end of the 1st period.

So, there's a lot more to it. She picked out my wife because she has one of these sewn on her Canes black sweater:

image.png.c0fdfd4100c9335ed7a689f2f7a40a09.png

Turns out, Sydney is a med student at Duke and is aspiring to be a surgical oncologist. As we were waiting for the period to end, during their conversation, her mentor at Duke Hospital is the same oncologist who treated my wife's father before he passed.

Anyway, we both climbed aboard and rode the zambonis for the entire 5-10 minutes that takes. But the behind the scenes look at what goes on down underneath all the seats was fascinating.

That’s awesome man I thought you were just joking. Didn’t even know a Zamboni could take passengers!