• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan Had Me Believing

chknwing

11 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

He helped build that roster. That’s why people are complaining. 

Everyone here that knows exactly how much input he had in the building of this roster, raise your hands. No one? Not one soul? Yea didn’t think so.  A lotta assuming and overreacting as usual.  

7 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Everyone here that knows exactly how much input he had in the building of this roster, raise your hands. No one? Not one soul? Yea didn’t think so.  A lotta assuming and overreacting as usual.  

Also a lot of denial.

It's funny because they same crap was said about Fritterer and it was 100% spot on. But this time...

• Beer 1

Proof is in the pudding.  That's the reality of the situation here.  Right now, Morgan is behind in the "trust the new GM" process compared to an outside candidate.  As far as last year, what do we expect him to say?  That "Icky looks like a bum" or "This roster is so bad, we'll be looking for another coach in less than a year!"  I'm sure they all thought they were a lot better than they were.  Coming off the Wilks run at the end, they figured if they ran it back with most of the same players, they could build off the success.  

Will anyone on Mint Street have learned?  Will anyone be able to figure out how to right the ship?  As much as Tepper has invited the poo from us, the NFL, the community, the world, he didn't become a billionaire by being a dumbdumb who continually repeats mistakes.  Sure, he had some help from the US taxpayer, but he still had to take that money and make it grow.  So there's something his that vain, bald head of his.

Folks will fan how they want to, but I'm just going to have to see what happens here.  I'm not ready to be super pessimistic or optimistic.  Morgan himself was a rising FO star a few years ago, so we'll see how year of hard, humble pie tastes and changes things.  If not, then we continue to ride the merry go round.

Edited by d-dave
Added Tepper...because...

theres a team out there, besides carolina, that believes Bryce will lead them to a superbowl.  I think Morgan should find that team and have them mortgage their future for Bryce.  Andy Dalton is a servicable qb to run with for next season or we can bring in another vet.  Carolina oline personel wise isn't horrible, they are just out of position and playing in the wrong schemes and the TE's are not used properly to help block..  This can be fixed.  Carolina top priority as far as WR goes is a fast receiver to stretch the field.  Doesnt even have to be able to catch, just run. move the db and free safety further down the field to open it up.  Our defense is decent.  They just been gassed.  offense cant stay on the field long enough to give them a breather.  I think we need to start that search for a new MLB.  No telling how good Shaq will be when he returns and hes getting up there in age.