• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Personnel moves to win NFC South

6 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Moton to LT. Sign Conner Williams and/or Kevin Dotson. Draft WR /TE rnds 2&3 or OL if Tag&Trade Burns to pass-rushless Eagles for underutilized & unhappy Davonta Smith. 

Enjoy

Bracket Olsen, spy Cam

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Just spit ballin’ here but, maybe we should have built out the roster first and then drafted our QB of the future…

I know, I know.  That’s crazy talk…

I think they should build out the roster with the best available player regardless of position.  They should stop looking for unicorns and get guys that just love football and can just flat out play despite what the computer tells you.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Just spit ballin’ here but, maybe we should have built out the roster first and then drafted our QB of the future…

Fitterer told us as much that’s what he did, multiple times in interviews. He was just really really really really bad at it.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Not crazy talk but not remotely realistic to think of it in simplistic linear fashion 

What about a tag and trade Burns for Tee Higgins? I would imagine the Bengals will be tagging and trading Higgins. I dont think they just let him walk. Saw recently where they have quite a bit of cap space. So maybe they elect to keep him. Would the Bengals take a straight up trade Burns for Higgins?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BrewerHouseBeer said:

What about a tag and trade Burns for Tee Higgins? I would imagine the Bengals will be tagging and trading Higgins. I dont think they just let him walk. Saw recently where they have quite a bit of cap space. So maybe they elect to keep him. Would the Bengals take a straight up trade Burns for Higgins?

I think that makes sense for us but I really don't see the Bengals paying Burns what he's asking for so I don't know that they'd go for it.

I think we have to give Ickey another year at LT under the new regime. Go out and sign a capable veteran backup (we need depth regardless so we need to be doing this anyway) as insurance in case Ickey struggles again but I don't think it's time to give up on him at LT yet.

Sign the best FA guard we can get (Dotson would be ideal) and draft a young center in the 2nd or 3rd round (depending on how many picks we end up with after trades) to serve as immediate competition for Bozeman + interior depth and a long-term replacement. Have Brady Christensen serve as the 6th man of the OL; he can play either guard and either tackle spot in the event of injury.

LT: Ickey Ekwonu, Veteran Backup/Insurance

LG: Kevin Dotson (or best FA we can get), Brady Christensen 

OC: Bradley Bozeman, Rookie Future Starter

RG: Austin Corbett, Brady Christensen

RT: Taylor Moton, Brady Christensen

Edited by Jay Roosevelt
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Fitterer told us as much that’s what he did, multiple times in interviews. He was just really really really really bad at it.

Fitterer was a year early and I think deep down he knew it.  Was this internal pressure to get the future QB or was it someone inside the building? I think it was a combination of both, but mainly from his boss.

Could you imagine being in the position to take an early QB this year?  I can, because I wanted to.  Yes, I have beaten that horse into homemade glue because it has been VERY hard to let go.

5 hours ago, csx said:

Not crazy talk but not remotely realistic to think of it in simplistic linear fashion 

Why is it unrealistic to think in linear fashion?  You have to prepare the soil before you plant seeds.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

We all know damn well Moton isn't going to play LT

Yeah this oline switch up game Canales is talking about is not going to work. The team has tried that in the past and it's never worked. Why are coaches obsessed with moving players around instead of keeping them at their natural position?

14 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Tag and trade Burns to DET for their 29, J-Mo, 2nd in 2025

this way we have 29 and 33 and J-mo

The trading of Jameson Williams and some picks to Carolina for Burns, as envisioned by Jim Costa of Lions radio, should've been done before the trade deadline. The Lions just may have made the Super Bowl, and Carolina would have a receiver with a high ceiling (and Bryce's favorite target at Bama).

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The trading of Jameson Williams and some picks to Carolina for Burns, as envisioned by Jim Costa of Lions radio, should've been done before the trade deadline. The Lions just may have made the Super Bowl, and Carolina would have a receiver with a high ceiling (and Bryce's favorite target at Bama).

The team has missed the boat on trading Burns. That was a major screw up that is going to cost the team dearly. 

• Pie 3

How we deal with Burns will be nearly as impactful to the future of this this team as Young panning out or not.  I'm dead serious.  Tag and trade is my stance currently, but man would those two first rounders from the Rams have been nice about right now.

• Pie 1