• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do it (trade)

CRA

12 hours ago, CRA said:

What pick would you take straight up for Horn today? 

I would obviously take a 1st, 2nd and consider a 3rd but probably not at this point. Anything less and I would just hold onto him to see what happens and if somehow he actually beats the odds to play a full season. 

I wouldn't even consider Jeudy though. Bryce has so many issues and limitations at this point that I don't feel as if Jeudy would be of any help at all to him.

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I would obviously take a 1st, 2nd and consider a 3rd but probably not at this point. Anything less and I would just hold onto him to see what happens and if somehow he actually beats the odds to play a full season. 

I wouldn't even consider Jeudy though. Bryce has so many issues and limitations at this point that I don't feel as if Jeudy would be of any help at all to him.

I'm listening if a team is offering a 3rd.  A 2nd is an instant yes. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

How many times has that happened? 

CMC is probably heading that direction. Was injured a lot here in his last 2 years, but goes to a grass surface and good OL, and he stays healthy.   Funny, but that would put Horn and Surtain in the same defensive backfield.   As with QBs, we should have taken Surtain and not Horn.

This hypothetical trade depends on your willingness to keep Horn on the field.  Someone said no to the trade, and yes to a third rounder for Horn.  JJ had 52 catches last year and over 750 yards.  He has improved each of his three years in the NFL--now, for him and considering his draft position, that is underwhelming, but most third rounders never get to that level. 

So how good is that?  The average NFL passing attack in 2023 averaged 219 yards per game.  Jeudy averaged 44 yards per game.  Considering that the running backs catch some passes, subtracting from that figure, I will use Chubba Hubbard's numbers--pretty average (14 yards per game).  The rough average for TEs per game is 41 yards.  Breaking that down, Jeudy had about 27% of the yardage for WRs on his team, based on these overall NFL numbers.  Expecting him to improve in year 4 due to his progression and the fact that it is a contract year, I would expect that number to rise above 30%.   What would a third rounder give you?

It is all about projecting the future, but people on this board and in general treat contracts as rewards for past performance.  While the past is an pretty good indication of future performance in business, it is more complicated in the NFL.  For example, would I pay Derrick Henry a boatload of money?  Heck no.  He has been a beast and his track record is strong, but according to the statistics, he is past his prime and should decline rapidly over the next two years.  He will want a three-four year deal.

I think I would keep Horn the more I think about it,. but I would also worry that this soccer turf might be injuring Horn.  I would want to see the data, and if Tepper is unwilling to change it, we should predict more time on the IR.

12 minutes ago, SOJA said:

this is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals

we just traded 2 first round picks and DJ Moore for a starting QB nearly the size of my middle schooler. 

I suggest the Panthers give Jayce Horn, who can be a shut down corner, another year to see if he has shaken the injury bug.

If he remains healthy this year I feel he is a keeper but if he shows he is still injury prone, then it is time for him to be moved in a trade.

18 hours ago, CRA said:

we just traded 2 first round picks and DJ Moore for a starting QB nearly the size of my middle schooler. 

Hey Web MD I just cut off my left hand is it a good idea to cut off my right one too? Don't want to be asymmetrical