• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In a deep qb class should the panther take one day 3?

27 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup and unless something drastically changes, they are likely QB1 and QB2 next draft.  Neither of them are franchise material to me.  Cam Ward may climb up the board to make it a 3 person race for the top QB, but again, not an elite prospect either.

Ward’s deep pass accuracy grade was pretty bad if I remember correctly. His name stood out on the charts. Carson Beck will be an interesting player to watch.  See how he doesn't without his top 2 weapons.  Granted his roster is still loaded.

Edited by ForJimmy

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sanders also takes a lot of sacks.  I know he doesn't have the greatest OL but lot of that is just on Sanders himself and his decision making. 

He does hold the ball but he also was playing with like half a D1 roster. He needs a good jump this year with his better OL to make him a top pick. He does seem to have a clutch gene and was good at those layered throws. 

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ward’s deep pass accuracy grade was pretty bad if I remember correctly. His name stood out on the charts. Carson Beck will be an interesting player to watch.  See how he doesn't without his top 2 weapons.  Granted his roster is still loaded.

Eh, I'm not impressed with Beck. I mean, look how that roster made Stetson Bennett appear.  Again, not to beat a dead horse, but I'm more intrigued by the second and third tier QBs in next year's draft as flyer picks as opposed to the "top" guys.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, I'm not impressed with Beck. I mean, look how that roster made Stetson Bennett appear.  Again, not to beat a dead horse, but I'm more intrigued by the second and third tier QBs in next year's draft as flyer picks as opposed to the "top" guys.

Burrow and Stroud also had loaded rosters.  I don't count it against players, but I would be lying if I said a studied Beck enough to make a fair review of his play this year. The guy I like going into next year is Sanders with his poise, ball security, and he has more than capable arm strength and speed.  He seems to be a good leader and has the swagger his roster feeds off of.  Needs to speed up his processing but his OL was the biggest issue this past year.  

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow and Stroud also had loaded rosters.  I don't count it against players, but I would be lying if I said a studied Beck enough to make a fair review of his play this year. The guy I like going into next year is Sanders with his poise, ball security, and he has more than capable arm strength and speed.  He seems to be a good leader and has the swagger his roster feeds off of.  Needs to speed up his processing but his OL was the biggest issue this past year.  

the 2 things I really want to watch next year. 

is he actually risk-averse to a fault? Is that his QB DNA?  

and there was a weirdness about that team.  Hard to tell what is the coach vs players.   But almost felt like in the end it was the Sanders inner circle vs everyone else.  

50 minutes ago, CRA said:

the 2 things I really want to watch next year. 

is he actually risk-averse to a fault? Is that his QB DNA?  

and there was a weirdness about that team.  Hard to tell what is the coach vs players.   But almost felt like in the end it was the Sanders inner circle vs everyone else.  

Honestly I kind of wish he didn't have Prime as his dad from a prospect viewpoint.  Prime was a great player and looks like potentially a good HC, but he was speaking for his son about staying a year and I could see him getting weird about where he goes, his contract etc...

He did get his dad's confidence though.  As long as he backs it up I like it.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/colorados-shedeur-sanders-im-better-than-any-qb-in-2024-nfl-draft

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly I kind of wish he didn't have Prime as his dad from a prospect viewpoint.  Prime was a great player and looks like potentially a good HC, but he was speaking for his son about staying a year and I could see him getting weird about where he goes, his contract etc...

He did get his dad's confidence though.  As long as he backs it up I like it.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/colorados-shedeur-sanders-im-better-than-any-qb-in-2024-nfl-draft

I actually took it like he was looking in the best interest of his boys when he said they would stay another year.   They garnered so much hype to start the season, the way the season ended they'd likely be 6th/7th round picks.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, micnificent28 said:

I am not saying thow in the towel on bryce at all. But I think the smart money would be to invest in some developmental guy who could provide a potential back up option should bryce falter. This is exactly why no one is making a fuss over Trey lance trade up in SF. He broke even their mistake.

In a deep class with guys like spencer rattler and Joe Milton, guys like jordan Travis floating around in day 3 i think its smart money. what say you?

Dalton won't be around that much longer so might as well