• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In a deep qb class should the panther take one day 3?

I am not saying thow in the towel on bryce at all. But I think the smart money would be to invest in some developmental guy who could provide a potential back up option should bryce falter. This is exactly why no one is making a fuss over Trey lance trade up in SF. He broke even their mistake.

In a deep class with guys like spencer rattler and Joe Milton, guys like jordan Travis floating around in day 3 i think its smart money. what say you?

• Pie 3

21 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I am not saying thow in the towel on bryce at all. But I think the smart money would be to invest in some developmental guy who could provide a potential back up option should bryce falter. This is exactly why no one is making a fuss over Trey lance trade up in SF. He broke even their mistake.

In a deep class with guys like spencer rattler and Joe Milton, guys like jordan Travis floating around in day 3 i think its smart money. what say you?

To me, it’s more important that we upgrade our backup QB with a higher-end vet.

Bring in Minshew, Tyrod, or Brissett to both mentor Bryce and also win us some games if we need them.

Bryce should not be deemed “unbenchable” this year if we have a chance to win a game and he’s struggling or hurt.

Edited by HardcoreHokie
  • Pie 1

Sure why not?

49ers got Purdy as the last pick in the draft. He's not elite but has shown he can get to the SB with a talented roster.

Maybe we find someone better than Bryce and we don't have to take a QB the following year. You never know how these QBs will play out. I would take a chance especially if that QB has the arm talent. With good coaching he can develop into something.

• Poo 1

Yes. Countless examples. Just look at the SB for examples. Brock was drafted with trey lance(they traded 3 1s+ for) and starter jimmy. Andy reid made a career out of trading backup QBs(feely, kolb) for prime picks. Kirk cousin was drafted in the 4th in the same draft the wfters traded 3 1s for RGIII. 

If your trusted scouts have a 2nd round rank on player and hes still there in 5th, draft them no matter how you feel about the starter. NFL has a nearly 40% player turnover each year along with many injuries. The goal of the NFL is stock pile talent and it will work out. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I say yes, but we all know Tepper isn’t going to allow it.

This is an extremely deep draft at the QB position and they might fly off the board, which would help us. 

However, if Rattler is available in the third or Travis in the fourth or fifth… I’d pounce.

7 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

This is an extremely deep draft at the QB position and they might fly off the board, which would help us. 

However, if Rattler is available in the third or Travis in the fourth or fifth… I’d pounce.

Why wouldn't he? He's "allowed" throwing resources at QB every single year since 2020. Too much hax been one of the biggest problems. A later round puck would be the least wasteful things he's "allowed "

Edited by csx

46 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Even if he is still super committed to Bryce the potential ROI on a late round QB that hits should be an easy sell to Tepper. Even if Bryce pans out if the late round QB shows promise you have a solid backup for minimal investment or you flip him for significantly more in trade value than what you spent to acquire him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1