• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm usually against moving prospects for anyone at or north of 30 years old in this league. Having Pono for the next 5 years will likely pay off a lot more than a Jake Guentzel for the next 1 or 2 (maybe) seasons.

I have to believe Pesce is in play right now and I'm okay with it. Chatty is ready to move up to the 2nd pair and TDA could slot into the 3rd pair. Orlov can also play his off side with Skjei. At least the Canes have options on the blue line.

If Guentzel helps you win a cup then it was all worth. I don’t care about next year or the following. The window is now. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm usually against moving prospects for anyone at or north of 30 years old in this league. Having Pono for the next 5 years will likely pay off a lot more than a Jake Guentzel for the next 1 or 2 (maybe) seasons.

I have to believe Pesce is in play right now and I'm okay with it. Chatty is ready to move up to the 2nd pair and TDA could slot into the 3rd pair. Orlov can also play his off side with Skjei. At least the Canes have options on the blue line.

Dunno about Pesce but we are openly shopping TDA with no takers so far. Even if we retain 50% which was our latest offer for a 5th round. I find it hard to believe we’d be shopping both. Could be the asks for Pesce are too high. 

Personally, I don’t like moving either right now. I get that TDA wants to play every night but having him is a really nice cushion for the remainder of the season. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Guentzel will be a Cane by end of day 

I feel it.  The NHL work is saying talks between us and Pitt are “hot and heavy”

they also are claiming we would be done making a splash. Take that for what it is worth. 

• Pie 1