• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about Steve Wilkes?

WarHeel

3 hours ago, WarHeel said:

What are we calling it?

Bias.

Even the indisputable current GOAT was anything but humble.

Also just so we're clear nothing about this sport isn't a spectacle.

If any of that bothers you I wouldn't watch.

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bias.

Even the indisputable current GOAT was anything but humble.

Also just so we're clear nothing about this sport isn't a spectacle.

If any of that bothers you I wouldn't watch.

Bias is exactly why you’re taking my words out of context. I never said I was a Purdy fan or that I only cater to athletes who work in silence. 

I’m not a Patrick Mahomes fan and I wasn’t of the real GOAT, Tom Brady. 

It honestly sounds like you have some bias of your own to work out. Did you hate CMC while he was here too?

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Bias is exactly why you’re taking my words out of context. I never said I was a Purdy fan or that I only cater to athletes who work in silence. 

I’m not a Patrick Mahomes fan and I wasn’t of the real GOAT, Tom Brady. 

It honestly sounds like you have some bias of your own to work out. Did you hate CMC while he was here too?

Now you aren't a Purdy fan and I hate McCaffrey eh? Looks like the convo is over. Good talk!

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, he did.

False. I hated the contract and the subsequent albatross of a salary cap hit. It was never a wise investment to make before having a QB in place.

But keep trying to come for others Mr. Scot after all your water carrying for Fitterer.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

False. I hated the contract and the subsequent albatross of a salary cap hit. It was never a wise investment to make before having a QB in place.

But keep trying to come for others Mr. Scot after all your water carrying for Fitterer.

You wanted McCaffrey to be cut, traded or fail out of spite because you were mad about Newton getting cut. Somewhere In your mind that was a twisted form of justice, despite the two having absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Plenty of people know that, not just me.

It was stupid back then. It's still stupid now.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Now you aren't a Purdy fan and I hate McCaffrey eh? Looks like the convo is over. Good talk!

Dude, go back and read the fuggin first comments. I started with I’m not even a Purdy fan but I could see how others are rooting for him to succeed. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You wanted McCaffrey to be cut, traded or fail out of spite because you were mad about Newton getting cut. Somewhere In your mind that was a twisted form of justice, despite the two having absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I've discussed the inconsistencies people have expressed in their positions between the two players. You didn't and still don't like that. People wanted to move on from Cam hell or high water. They got their wish. We see how its gone. Just yesterday I had someone tell me they wanted to keep McCaffrey well past his prime.

What's stupid is you rehashing all this again. You have 100 thousand plus posts many of them venting to no end about Marty Hurney then you spend thousands more defending and still defending our now worst GM in team history.

Just give it a rest Scot.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There have been several forms of that around here. Some have wanted CMC to fail from the start. Conveniently around the time Newton started to fall off talent wise. But I’m the biased one…

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

I've discussed the inconsistencies people have expressed in their positions between the two players. You didn't and still don't like that. People wanted to move on from Cam hell or high water. They got their wish. We see how its gone. Just yesterday I had someone tell me they wanted to keep McCaffrey well past his prime.

What's stupid is you rehashing all this again. You have 100 thousand plus posts many of them venting to no end about Marty Hurney then you spend thousands more defending and still defending our now worst GM in team history.

Just give it a rest Scot.

Oh, the irony 😄

Also, thanks for essentially confirming what I've said about you. I'm sure Newton appreciates your neverending crusade to smear a teammate he had no issues with.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh, the irony 😄

Also, thanks for essentially confirming what I've said about you. I'm sure Newton appreciates your neverending crusade.

You're wrong as usual.

Actually I received quite a few poo reactions from people when I stated multiple times his arm was done after his stint in New England and the comeback attempt here. Even recently Carl Spackler has claimed I hate Cam lol. I've never shied away from the reality of his situation post 2018. The problem always was how we proceeded after. No QB. Sign a running back to the highest paid contract in history. Been flailing ever since trying to fix it with panic moves.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

You're wrong as usual.

Actually I received quite a few poo reactions from people when I stated multiple times his arm was done after his stint in New England and the comeback attempt here. Even recently Carl Spackler has claimed I hate Cam lol. I've never shied away from the reality of his situation post 2018. The problem always was how we proceeded after. No QB. Sign a running back to the highest paid contract in history. Been flailing ever since trying to fix it with panic moves.

Wrong about you and McCaffrey? Nah 😄

As to the analysis of what we've done at the quarterback position post Newton though, I won't argue that.

Wilks did really well until that cover zero prevent defense crap. As soon as that started, I knew Reid was going to tear him apart. The one thing you don't want to give Mahomes is an easy open middle of the field. Play the game that's been successful all night. Don't change just because it's the 4th quarter. 

• Pie 1