• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howel

fanpanther

Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Young for Howell straight up hypothetical trade

• Young
    • Howell

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean he is clocking in as the best prospect in almost 20 years.  6'4 runs a 4.3, wins contested catches and is insanely strong.   The dude is going to crush it.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/top-wide-receiver-prospects-in-nfl-draft-history/

There is no way he was a better prospect than Megatron.

Remember when Keyshawn Johnson was the 1st WR taken (actually #1 overall) in an absolutely stacked WR class? He was a good NFL WR. No doubt. But he turned out to not even be close to the best WR in that class that also featured guys like Marvin Harrison, Terrel Owens, Joe Horn, Moose, Terry Glenn, etc. This might be the best WR class since then and I could easily see Marvin Harrison Jr. being the Keyshawn Johnson of the class.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Moss was the 21st overall pick and wasn't even the first WR taken in his class. Trying to paint him as the #2 WR prospect ever is some wildly revisionist history.

moss was a neanderthal who got in trouble and interviewed poorly because I suspect of his accent.  Everyone knew his talent but just couldnt trust him a la warren sapp.  Bowden called moss a equal athlete to deion.  He just couldnt keep his head on straight

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Moss was the 21st overall pick and wasn't even the first WR taken in his class. Trying to paint him as the #2 WR prospect ever is some wildly revisionist history.

Exactly this.

You can't be the highest prospect and go #21. Just doesn't make sense. Randy was overlooked playing at Marshall. Although he had a scholarship to play at Florida St. I think his off field issues is why he dropped.

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

moss was a neanderthal who got in trouble and interviewed poorly because I suspect of his accent.  Everyone knew his talent but just couldnt trust him a la warren sapp.  Bowden called moss a equal athlete to deion.  He just couldnt keep his head on straight

Moss accent till this day is very weird.

Kind of crazy the 2 most hyped athletes back then Moss and Iverson both live in Charlotte.

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That's part of the evaluation process. That's why it's wildly revisionist to call him the #2 WR prospect ever. It'd be like trying to go back and arguing for Mahomes as a top 5 QB prospect of all-time just because he turned out great.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember when Keyshawn Johnson was the 1st WR taken (actually #1 overall) in an absolutely stacked WR class? He was a good NFL WR. No doubt. But he turned out to not even be close to the best WR in that class that also featured guys like Marvin Harrison, Terrel Owens, Joe Horn, Moose, Terry Glenn, etc. This might be the best WR class since then and I could easily see Marvin Harrison Jr. being the Keyshawn Johnson of the class.

I told this story before but Keyshawn Johnson is why I became a Panthers fan.

Was my favorite player because of the 1 handed catch. I always loved his trash talk. All my friends were Randy Moss/TO fans. I always played NFL 2k with Keyshawn and the Bucs. Later in his career he signed with the Panthers at that time I was really starting to understand football and decided to stick with the Panthers long term. Keyshawn did his 1yr and retired. And ever since then I have been a Panthers fan.

Weird, but true.