• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young to Washington!

That's got a nice ring to it, eh? 😜 I gave the joke away with the tag. 

We've met with Malik Washington twice. Any UVA alums want to give us an opinion? ACC fans?😜

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/01/2024-nfl-combine-draft-virginia-wr-malik-washington-panthers/

Guess his favorite receiver...

Well, I know people are going to complain, but I gotta say it: He got that dawg in him...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/malik-washington-draft-scouting-2024/

He looks like a promising prospect. There are concerns about blocking and press coverage, but I can't tell if it's due to his actual play or perceived limitations due to his size. He projects as a slot guy right now. He'd be a day three steal according to PFN. Of course the later you can get him, the more value he'll probably provide. He won't go early, due to size, but he's not exactly diminutive at 5'8" and 190 pounds. That's solid, but it may mean that the slot is his ceiling nonetheless. It will be interesting to see his forty time. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I hate the title.

Wouldnt like it at 33, but I would like him later.

He’s rated as 80th best player in draft.  He’s a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder.  He’s 5’8 strictly slot WR in NFL.  He’s quick, physical with good first step and decent route runner but not blazing speed.  He’ll be perfect for Bryce because he gets a lot of yards after contact.  The only issue is Bryce might not see him over the line.

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

The only issue is Bryce might not see him over the line.

I didn't even think of this, and before last season would've brushed it off, but the thought makes me less enthusiastic. For real.

• Pie 1

Panthers need to revamp their offense to old school west coast offense with Young under center with deep drop backs and rollouts.  Can’t have him snap the ball in shotgun and stay like a statue there, waiting for him to be able to see over the line.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Panthers need to revamp their offense to old school west coast offense with Young under center with deep drop backs and rollouts.  Can’t have him snap the ball in shotgun and stay like a statue there, waiting for him to be able to see over the line.  

I'm skeptical about Young playing under center. Talking about not seeing Washington over the line, Young may not see a lot of people over the line. This may lead to missed reads and some INTs. But, I am not the most objective person in regards to Young. 

Edited by top dawg
I am not the most "subjective" was a Freudian slip

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just edit it. Apparently Young is no longer something we can joke about. I get it.

I meant as a mod I hate the title. Means people will be reporting it like they do half of @TheSpecialJuan threads.

Other than that I've got no issues. I think it would actually work out and I don't think the height issue is what people make it out to be

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I meant as a mod I hate the title. Means people will be reporting it like they do half of @TheSpecialJuan threads.

Other than that I've got no issues. I think it would actually work out and I don't think the height issue is what people make it out to be

Yeah, but what about two 5'8" guys playing in the forest? It's an issue for me, I'm not gonna lie. But, again, I've lost my objectivity about Bryce. Every post of mine on the kid has to be taken with a grain of salt.